What are you guys doing for front plates on 11-12 gt's?

Dan12GT

Established Member
Mine has holes already drilled from the dealership so I just put it on in the normal location. Once I get the bumper repainted after a few years of getting beatup from daily driven use I'll get the holes filled and get a bracket.

lpheaven

Established Member
Mine has holes already drilled from the dealership so I just put it on in the normal location. Once I get the bumper repainted after a few years of getting beatup from daily driven use I'll get the holes filled and get a bracket.

Im having my bumper redone due to rock chips and had my body guy fill the holes as well.
015_zpsf28c7a94.jpg

we can go with cjpony's version
Mustang STO N SHO License Plate Bracket Installation 2013-2014 - YouTube

or Craigs
Welcome To Craig’s Custom Mustang Brackets | Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

I hear that AM brackets are not that good ?

Holovacko

Established Member
Dealer drilled holes in mine too, but I removed the plate and bracket anyway. Looks much better without it. With the loud exhaust and tinted windows, if they're going to pull me over, it will just give us more to talk about.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member

But that sucks it isn't easily detachable or hideable. The one AM sells that pulls the LP under the front of the car seems like a feasable idea. Allowing you to pull it out when needed. <-- shhhhh

I was stuck with holes on the GT by the dealer, thankfully the Boss doesn't have them and I refuse to drill them. I'd rather pay the tickets. Tho I have two no front plate states I sit mins from so the cops don't seem to care.

EDIT** that CJPony parts one is badass. I would do that one.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
what plate? **** the police. j/k im just rolling with out a front plate until i get told other wise. i hate having the front plate on. the new car wont have holes in the bumper. i will just buy a bracket that ole boy on here sells.

toomnymods

Established Member
If anyone is looking to fill in the bumper holes temporarily till thier body guy fills them permanently try bumperplugs.com
They sell plastic plugs that fit in the holes perfectly and are painted the color of you car and match perfectly.
I love mine..

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
there is a lot of crap out there for front plates... Hide a plate... Show and Go...
I have Craig's Custom bracket... the thing has came lose more then twice... yes my front plate has been ran over at least 10 times...
Kinda funny, a 12 yellow blaze boss with a front plate that looks like it went through hell and had a rough return.
it dont matter... Google search it.

I got a 75 dollar ticket for not having my front plate on the car while parked at a city meter... I know kinda ridiculous, owell... thats Colorado.

Last edited:

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
If anyone is looking to fill in the bumper holes temporarily till thier body guy fills them permanently try bumperplugs.com
They sell plastic plugs that fit in the holes perfectly and are painted the color of you car and match perfectly.
I love mine..

Nope... no Yellow Blaze

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
I've been 162 mph (GPS) with my Craig's custom mustang bracket on the Autobahn and it didn't move any. I also have the Euro style front plate on with a plastic support attached to strengthen it so it the plate doesnt flex at higher speed.

Users who are viewing this thread