What are y'all paying for a haircut these days?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I havent gotten a haircut for myself in 12+ years. Have not shaved with a razor since before my wedding (2010). Go outside, electric clipper the noggin and beard, let the birds build a nest with the droppings.

Usually looks like shit, but I’m always in a hat.

My boys have been 10-20 bucks each recently. Bullshit since my oldest keeps this dirty mullet looking abortion on his head.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think I paid $35 or $36 last time I went. That was after my veteran discount and with the tip. I go every 6-8 weeks. Whenever it starts to annoy me.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
$40 for a haircut without tip. Another $20 for a beard trim. I go to a great place here in Naples so of course the price is jacked up but Nino does a fantastic job and I am very particular.
I actually went today after the gym and funny thing I had concert tickets to see Brit Floyd at the hertz arena in Estero and ran into Nino at the show.
Who wouldah thunk it.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
1713593120881.gif

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I have gone to the same throw-back barber shop for thirty years, which is in a smaller suburban city I grew up in. I still make the drive every time I need a cut and will not go anywhere else. When I first started going in high school it cost $11 for a high and tight. Ironically, I went today and a cut is $35. If you opt for a shave with a cut it’s about $70.
It used to be the same old barbers who had been there for forty-ish years. They were old timers who talked about events and the weather and knew everyone, and possibly everything. At the time it all seemed liked meaningless conversations, but somehow those forgotten words morphed into fond memories of the past. Now, it’s a familiar place with unfamiliar people. That generation has retired or passed on and the following generations are not the same.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah they aren’t that bad, you can get the bougie ones for a hundy+ but I stick to the basics.. nothing on the sides, fade into the top… usually go with 4 on top
I wore a #1 sides flat top forever, until about 6 months ago. Now shoulder length and growing.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
$0

Since the start of that scamdemic I've been cutting my own hair once a month. First couple shook the nerves. Now, no big deal.

railroad

Established Member
Haircut , beard, eyebrows, and ears if needed, $18 + $2 tip.
First barber, I ever had that listens and cuts it like I want, every time.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
$0

Since the start of that scamdemic I've been cutting my own hair once a month. First couple shook the nerves. Now, no big deal.
0D0B5B74-04CF-4F07-93F0-6C4AD32AF066.jpeg

I have laughed to tears more than once looking at this. No idea who posted it back in 2020, but it’s on my platinum list.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Last time I paid it was about 7 dollars for a military style cut. Ain't paid in a day or two.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I have gone to the same throw-back barber shop for thirty years, which is in a smaller suburban city I grew up in. I still make the drive every time I need a cut and will not go anywhere else. When I first started going in high school it cost $11 for a high and tight. Ironically, I went today and a cut is $35. If you opt for a shave with a cut it’s about $70.
It used to be the same old barbers who had been there for forty-ish years. They were old timers who talked about events and the weather and knew everyone, and possibly everything. At the time it all seemed liked meaningless conversations, but somehow those forgotten words morphed into fond memories of the past. Now, it’s a familiar place with unfamiliar people. That generation has retired or passed on and the following generations are not the same.
You are fortunate...I had a similar situation for my 23 years living in The ATL...and before that in San Antonio for 5 years and other areas I've lived. My standard since college was old school barber...MUST haver Playboys mixed in with the Guns & Ammo/Motor Trends...straight razor for over the ears and neck...and I ALWAYS paid double+ of whatever was the price. I learned ALL this from my Dad.

Where I live now...I had the above the first 5 years here...till my Barber got caught up in some shenanigans (he was ALWAYS a GREAT source for 'Shine). Funny thing is...right before he disappeared (I hear he's in Myrtle Beach now- Armstrong's the name if you're in that area)..but BEFORE his disappearance...a couple "newcomers" were at a coupe chairs in the shop...I now go to THEIR new Shop...I pay $50 every 2-3 weeks, their price is $25 for haircut...no beard here.

Oh...and Playboy NO LONGER exists...

Users who are viewing this thread