What are the canadians running for mods

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Yup he's good man. And a really nice guy. I may sell my predator and make a trip up to let him tune the new combo myself.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Yup he's good man. And a really nice guy. I may sell my predator and make a trip up to let him tune the new combo myself.

For sure go with the Xcal2. Should be a fun summer if a bunch of us can meet up.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Making a family roadtrip to alta. this summer, you know Drumheller etc, etc.

Any shows or cruises in July around Cowtown? Maybe we can join in and get to tip a cold one or 2?

PM or e-mail me if you have anything going on.

Rob aka firemedic

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
04torchred said:
For sure go with the Xcal2. Should be a fun summer if a bunch of us can meet up.

Ya I already have the Diablo because Matthew at Techmotion uses it but I kinda want to let Martin tune my car. He's a bud and i'd like to go up there and do it with him, but i'd have to sell my predator and get a Xcal2 off Martin.
Still have a bit of time to decide, maybe i'll sell the pulley I have with the predator to sweeten it for someone.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
firemedic said:

Any shows or cruises in July around Cowtown? Maybe we can join in and get to tip a cold one or 2?

Rob aka firemedic

Ya man just drop a thread or some PM's before you come out. I want to get more terminators together for meets and cruises.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Hey CompCobra did you just get your car tuned by Martin?
I was talking to him yesterday and he said he tuned a orange 04 with Kook's LT's.

04torchred

Established Member
firemedic said:

Rob aka firemedic

Hell yeah, I worked out in Drumheller last summer for EnCana. When your close like special blend said just drop us a line. I wanna see how bad my coupe gets rolled by a ported eaton.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Hey CompCobra did you just get your car tuned by Martin?
I was talking to him yesterday and he said he tuned a orange 04 with Kook's LT's.

What did it put down? Or was it street tuned?

compcobra

Established Member
No Martin hasn't tuned my car yet. I still need to put on the L/Ts and pulley. Once I install these I am going to install the baseline tune so I can drive my car to Martins shop. I am about one hour away. He did mention to me that he had already worked on a few comp orange cars to me over the phone. Probably the same one he mentioned to you Special Blend. I have two pullies to decide from the 2.76 or 2.93. Martin is confident to go with the 2.76 right off the bat. Martin says he can safely make 500 rwhp with my combo! I guess we will see, I can't wait for the snow to be gone. Hopefully in about a month to a month and a half I can have the parts instaled and the car tuned.

04torchred

Established Member
compcobra said:
No Martin hasn't tuned my car yet. I still need to put on the L/Ts and pulley. Once I install these I am going to install the baseline tune so I can drive my car to Martins shop. I am about one hour away. He did mention to me that he had already worked on a few comp orange cars to me over the phone. Probably the same one he mentioned to you Special Blend. I have two pullies to decide from the 2.76 or 2.93. Martin is confident to go with the 2.76 right off the bat. Martin says he can safely make 500 rwhp with my combo! I guess we will see, I can't wait for the snow to be gone. Hopefully in about a month to a month and a half I can have the parts instaled and the car tuned.

I would do the 2.76" upper right off th bat as well. I am going 8lb lower which should be similar in boost level. 500rwhp seems a little high to me for a non ported car, but I would think around 470-480. I am hoping with the 8lb and some MAC LT's that I can put down 470ish as well and around 480+rwtq. Guess we will see. Good luck man, but do the 2.76" since you are going to drop a 1-2psi of boost with the LT's. You are probably going to need a MAF, Hermann thinks I may need one with the 8lb.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
I don't think either of you will need a MAF. Our elevation is quite a bit higher and the DA is always even higher yet. The good thing for Compcobra though is that Martin has 2400 SCTs so if you by chance need it he'll have one for you.
I don't plan on a MAF with my 2.76 and port but if I need it i'll do it.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
I don't think either of you will need a MAF. Our elevation is quite a bit higher and the DA is always even higher yet. The good thing for Compcobra though is that Martin has 2400 SCTs so if you by chance need it he'll have one for you.
I don't plan on a MAF with my 2.76 and port but if I need it i'll do it.

Can we run a MAFIA with the Xcal2? This I am not sure of, but the MAFIA is $100 cheaper and will make the stock meter good for over 600rwhp. I am upgrading if I am close to pegging, all it will take is a cool day to peg it then.

If not then I may grab one from Martin as well. How are his prices?

celerypowered

Established Member
Well my lil contour is pretty much stock besides 17' Mondeo's, maf adapter w/ cone. This spring/summer I will be installing msds headers, y pipe and 2.5 cat back and I'll do the TB optimization, thats about all for me. Boost would be nice considering most of you have s/c v8's and i have my lil n/a 2.5. Still fun though.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
UPS man just showed up with something to help me build more power :banana:
IMG_1117Large.jpg

IMG_1119Large.jpg

IMG_1118Large.jpg

IMG_1122Large.jpg

IMG_1123Large.jpg

Just need my Whipple Tensioner to show up and it'll all be going on with my LFP heat exchanger :D

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
04torchred said:
Bet you are pretty excited! Looks good, I am a little jealous.

Oh i'm sure with the extra weight of my vert you'll keep up with your 8lb lower :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread