What are the canadians running for mods

mtl-biker

Established Member
Hi im from quebec the mods i have now is in my signature.Some modification to come in early spring ouffffff i like this car before that i have a 2003 mach1

Mario

04torchred

Established Member
compcobra said:
04torchred and sho95, I see thet you guys have tunes by HBH and RWTD. I need a tune once I put my 2.93 pulley on. How were these two tuners to deal with and any problems with us being in Canada? I definetely want someone experienced tuning my car also. How long did it take to get the tune and how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Hermann was very helpful with tuning my Cobra and my brothers 03 Mach 1(LT's, midpipe, catback, CAI). He is quite hard to get a hold of though(lately), he is terribly busy with his shop in Maryland and his new shop in Florida so be patient for a bit until he is settled. If you cannot get a hold of him try a guy named Jon Lund(Dustoff on modularfords I believe, he is very good with SCT stuff as well as RWTD.) I will PM you how much the Xcal2 and tune cost, just incase Hermann doesn't want stuff posted.

It took two weeks for the tunes to ship up here and took Hermann a couple weeks to have them ready, again simply because the guy is so friggin busy and want to nail your tune right.

compcobra

Established Member
Thanks alot for the help 04torchred. I guess I have a little time left before I decide which tuner to go with. I guess I will need to wait roughly about a month from the time I request the tune. Thats o.k I would say we have a good month of winter left! I will definetely be wanting a XCAL 2. Glad to hear Hermann was good to deal with.

04torchred

Established Member
compcobra said:
Thanks alot for the help 04torchred. I guess I have a little time left before I decide which tuner to go with. I guess I will need to wait roughly about a month from the time I request the tune. Thats o.k I would say we have a good month of winter left! I will definetely be wanting a XCAL 2. Glad to hear Hermann was good to deal with.

No problem.

Schyler

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
compcobra said:

Phone Martin at AFIperformance in Edmonton. He uses XCal2 and is a damn good tuner. I would put his tunes up against anyones. Why get one sent that may not work on your car when you can have it tuned properly in person. Then you don't have to waste you money and buy stuff like widebands and so on. Don't quote me but i'm pretty sure Martin does the Xcal2 and unlimited tunes for you car for 800 canadian. That is a very hard deal to beat especially with his expertise. And if you add parts you can keep dynoing nad checking to make sure your safe. That is pretty good insurance. Phone him and ask him some #'s he's mad on cobra's and other supercharged mustangs, you'll be amazed. A friend of mine has a 03GT that guys on Modfords couldn't believe that he was making the power he was with the mods.
All in Martins tune.
That is just my opinion especially if you live close to Edmonton.
Ryan.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Any of you Alberta guys I have a brand new 2.93 SFPH pulley for sale if any of you are intersted. I bought but now have changed my plans with the car.
Later, Ryan.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Any of you Alberta guys I have a brand new 2.93 SFPH pulley for sale if any of you are intersted. I bought but now have changed my plans with the car.
Later, Ryan.

Hey how much did WMS charge you to weld in the subframe connectors? I would like to do a set of MM FLSFC this summer, but I don't have a drive on lift so I gotta pay someone to do the welding. PM me if you don't wanna post. Good to know about the guy in Edmonton, but I will stand behind Hermann's tune, mine is working great. Although it would be nice to have someone really close by that I could talk to in person.

compcobra

Established Member
Good to hear there is a tuner in Edmonton. I called Martin at AFI and left him a message, but no reply yet. I just want to make sure I get someone experienced to tune my car as I want a safe A/F ratio and make decent power on our crappy 91 octane gas. Special Blend you say Martin has lots of expertise tuning, do you know any other things about his tunes and maybe anyone else who has had any dealings with him. If he is as good as you say this will be a definite bonus being this close to his shop! 04 torchred I was leaning towards getting the MM sub frame connectors, but also need some one to install them also. Anyone know of anyone of a shop in Edmonton that would do a good job welding these in?

sho95

Established Member
compcobra said:
04torchred and sho95, I see thet you guys have tunes by HBH and RWTD. I need a tune once I put my 2.93 pulley on. How were these two tuners to deal with and any problems with us being in Canada? I definetely want someone experienced tuning my car also. How long did it take to get the tune and how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

RWTD has a deal on now for 125 US for unlimited tunes for a year within reason. Took them about a week before i got both of my tunes which is no problem as i stated to them i wasnt in a hurry because the car is put away.
You would probably get your tune alot faster than i respond to this thread, hell you may have your tunes already!

compcobra

Established Member
sho95 said:
RWTD has a deal on now for 125 US for unlimited tunes for a year within reason. Took them about a week before i got both of my tunes which is no problem as i stated to them i wasnt in a hurry because the car is put away.
You would probably get your tune alot faster than i respond to this thread, hell you may have your tunes already!

No i haven't got my tunes yet. Just trying to get as much info as I can before I make my decision. Thanks for the reply about RWTD. How does your car feel with the ported blower and the 4# lower? Good driveability? Hoping to do this next winter along with the clutch!

04torchred

Established Member
compcobra said:
Good to hear there is a tuner in Edmonton. I called Martin at AFI and left him a message, but no reply yet. I just want to make sure I get someone experienced to tune my car as I want a safe A/F ratio and make decent power on our crappy 91 octane gas. Special Blend you say Martin has lots of expertise tuning, do you know any other things about his tunes and maybe anyone else who has had any dealings with him. If he is as good as you say this will be a definite bonus being this close to his shop! 04 torchred I was leaning towards getting the MM sub frame connectors, but also need some one to install them also. Anyone know of anyone of a shop in Edmonton that would do a good job welding these in?

Well Western Motorsports does have the MM FLSFC powdercoated for a good price($193), but want $340 to install them(ouch) I think I am going to get them once the weather is nice, but pay our friend with a welding truck to weld them in, then all I have to do is rent a drive on lift for a couple hours.

compcobra

Established Member
$340......... yes I would say a definite ouch! Like you say that is a decent price for the sub frame connectors themselves. They are definetely on my list of things to do. I will just be happy to have a solid place to jack without damaging the underside of the car.

04torchred

Established Member
compcobra said:
$340......... yes I would say a definite ouch! Like you say that is a decent price for the sub frame connectors themselves. They are definetely on my list of things to do. I will just be happy to have a solid place to jack without damaging the underside of the car.

Agreed, I hate having to lift up on the IRS cross member. Let me know how the Kooks LT's work out for you. I am really interested in LT's just not 100% sure which ones I wanna go with as the moment. Schyler

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Compcobra I would not get a mail order. Have it tuned right by a guy that knows his stuff in person. He is a very busy guy and may take a bit to get back to you but don't get worried. I am actually thinking of bringing my car up to Edmonton for him to tune it. We'll see though i've used Matthew at Techmotion to tune the coupe and he did a great job on it. But time will tell and after seeing the #'s that Martin has gotten out of some Procharged GT's and Cobra's with everything from Whipples to Ported Eaton's I really want him to tune mine with the Stage IV when I get it.
Will see though.

sho95

Established Member
compcobra said:
No i haven't got my tunes yet. Just trying to get as much info as I can before I make my decision. Thanks for the reply about RWTD. How does your car feel with the ported blower and the 4# lower? Good driveability? Hoping to do this next winter along with the clutch!

Definately a big difference in power. only have it tuned for 91 right now. Got RWTD to give me a 93 tune as well. Seems like stock for driveability but i have had issues with stalling even before the upgrades and tune went on. I do have the hesitation after shifting when hard on the car.
I am hoping the tunes from RWTD will take care of these issues. I will keep you posted come April when the roads are nice enough for me to get to the dyno.

THE CHAMP

WWW.DAMNTHATSFAST.CA
Established Member
I got a stieg port, 2.8 upper,wms cai,accufab tb & inlet,metco tensioner, h-pipe w/flowmaster catback,gords he,mafia and custom diablo tune, 525 rwhp 505 rwtq tri ax shifter,steeda full length sub frames,eibach pro kit springs and i think thats about it this year im gonna buy wheels,coolant resevoir,50 shot nos and add a little show to the go.

04torchred

Established Member
THE CHAMP said:
I got a stieg port, 2.8 upper,wms cai,accufab tb & inlet,metco tensioner, h-pipe w/flowmaster catback,gords he,mafia and custom diablo tune, 525 rwhp 505 rwtq tri ax shifter,steeda full length sub frames,eibach pro kit springs and i think thats about it this year im gonna buy wheels,coolant resevoir,50 shot nos and add a little show to the go.

You will be puttin a hurtin on a lot of KB/Whipple cars in your area I imagine.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Performance:
BF 2.76 upper and 4 piece idlers, Steeda CAI w/ C&L pipe, Ported/polished Eaton w/ R&R spacer, BF TB and polished Accufab Plenum, MAFia, Predator tuner, Pfab I/C box, Pro 5.0 w/ MGW handle, Maggy X w/ Maggy catback, A-pillar pod w/ ultralite F/P and Boost gauges, Brembo S/D/Z disks f&R, Hawk street pads, 275 Nitto555R fnt, 315 DR's rear.

Bling:
Typical 10th anny items, Polished coil covers, Alum. ID tags, asst. MGW caps etc, MGW/UPR interior dress ups, match painted bezel/console, SS cobra insets, SVT plate frame.

Still have the following sitting around, waiting for install:
Metco lower kit w/ 2,4,6# pulleys, 60# injectors, KB BAP, Flowtech ceramic headers, ATM Gauge bezel, Ultralite H2O temp/Oil Press., BF Diff brace, some other stuff I can't remember.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
I'm joining you ported blower guys. I just got off the phone with Stieggy and the blower, TB & Plenum are at their shop and getting the Stage IV treatment this week. Only going with a 2.76 upper and going to use a whipple tensioner to fight slip. :rolling:

compcobra

Established Member
Congrats on the Steiggy port! Hopefully I can go this route next winter. I also got intouch with Martin at AFI, seems really knowledgeable about cobras and fords! I am glad you let me know about him , I can't wait to get my car tuned by him. Come on Spring!!!! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread