What are some common problems with the terminator?

Muscle_Car_Man

Established Member
I really like the cobras but i'd like to know some of the common problems with them to see if it would be worth it to buy a terminator.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
If you have a passion for the car, then it is worth having. The Terminator is no different than most of the other muscle cars out there, drive them hard and stuff will break. High mileage cars have component wear out and replacement, just like every other car.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I have 2 that are stock... in stock form, there aren't really any big issues. Once you start modding, you can create a bunch of problems. This isn't to deter you from modding, but just to point out that in stock form, these cars are quite bulletproof.

Modded cars are fun though!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
HMMM I can think of 4 off the top of my head:

1. Drivers side head can develop a ticking or tapping due to inefficient cooling of cylinders 7 and 8.

2. Rear axles are prone to snapping because owners lay into the throttle, develop a wheel hop and stay in it.

3. Alternators tend to go bad due to their location (practically next to the exhaust)

4. Factory pulleys tend to explode when a) smaller supercharger pulleys installed or b) maintenance is not kept up and bearings start to seize.

I'm sure there's a couple more, but those are the ones I have seen a lot during my time on this site.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
HMMM I can think of 4 off the top of my head:

1. Drivers side head can develop a ticking or tapping due to inefficient cooling of cylinders 7 and 8.

2. Rear axles are prone to snapping because owners lay into the throttle, develop a wheel hop and stay in it.

3. Alternators tend to go bad due to their location (practically next to the exhaust)

4. Factory pulleys tend to explode when a) smaller supercharger pulleys installed or b) maintenance is not kept up and bearings start to seize.

I'm sure there's a couple more, but those are the ones I have seen a lot during my time on this site.

These as well as leaking differential covers. Look up Cobra Bob’s faq. They are fun cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sfcjerryharris

Established Member
Yes true, I've owned an 01 mustang cobra for 13 years, I've owned my 03 Ford mustang cobra aka terminator for 5 months and I can't get enough of her. Yes things will break, but it's worth it, she's not the fastest but dayum sure not the slowest, I can hit 167mph, 500hp, 486torque

Sent from my SM-G955U using svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes true, I've owned an 01 mustang cobra for 13 years, I've owned my 03 Ford mustang cobra aka terminator for 5 months and I can't get enough of her. Yes things will break, but it's worth it, she's not the fastest but dayum sure not the slowest, I can hit 167mph, 500hp, 486torque

Sent from my SM-G955U using svtperformance.com mobile app
167mph sounds like some 5th and 6th gear pulls.

Note to op, this isn't recommended. It's like dating hooker's. Sure you might be fine a time or two, but eventually it will cost you something...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
167mph sounds like some 5th and 6th gear pulls.

Note to op, this isn't recommended. It's like dating hooker's. Sure you might be fine a time or two, but eventually it will cost you something...

Lmfao. So much truth to this OP listen to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I really like the cobras but i'd like to know some of the common problems with them to see if it would be worth it to buy a terminator.
All good advice op. I will add something crucial to owning a Terminator that you must adhere to at all times. Never, under any circumstances, refer to it as a "termi".

Users who are viewing this thread