What APR is every1 getting

92LX5.0

Established Member
just curious, Ford is offering me 7.4........ Sounds a little high for some1 with good credit.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Well, my credit is also excellent - all 1's. Whyen I told the Finance guy at the selling dealer that I was financing only 2/3, and had decided to go with my Credit Union at 6.0%, he offered 4.9! So 4.9 it is!

CWCobra

Established Member
Try a home equity line of credit instead of a conventional auto loan. Rates often as low as 5%, and tax-deductible, too! That makes the after-tax cost something around 3.5%.

Peace,
Cw

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by CWCobra
Try a home equity line of credit instead of a conventional auto loan. Rates often as low as 5%, and tax-deductible, too! That makes the after-tax cost something around 3.5%.

Peace,
Cw

Only downside is that you are securing the loan with your home, and when the market is doing well, you are losing the use of the money is a manner that often will exceed any interest deduction benefits. Right now, though, I agree it is an option.

92LX5.0

Established Member
thanx every1, maybe I need to look into a credit union. Or play head games with the dealer :D :D

wuplash

Established Member
i'am doing mine on a 6yr at 6.75% from my credit union.a 5yr would of been 5.99%.

Snoker

Established Member
I looked at the interest rates, the stock market decline and the poor return I was receiving on my cash in my savings account. My decision was cash. So now a little lighter in the savings account, but can still continue to invest (dollar cost averaging) in my funds and other investments. Not for everyone, but a lot easier on my mind.

RED '03

Established Member
5.75% for 5 years at local C.U. back in June. Ford Motor Credit wanted 7.5% with an excellent rating.

mike99

Established Member
4.89 % for 60 months - they beat the rate I quoted them from PeopleFirst Bank ( they have ads on-line at various car sites...).

92LX5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by mike99
4.89 % for 60 months - they beat the rate I quoted them from PeopleFirst Bank ( they have ads on-line at various car sites...).

ford gave u that APR?

Users who are viewing this thread