What aftermarket exhaust sustem are you using?

RogerTx

Established Member
With the arrival of my 90 mm MAF intake assy., I am looking for an aftermarket exhaust for the 2000R. I am aware that Bassani sells the 2KCR4S Aft Cat system and it is on their website. I wonder what aftermarket cat back system you guys use?

Other than a catless x-pipe (which is probably too loud for me), is there any other Hi-Flow catted x-pipe available for the 2000R? I can't find Bassini's catted x-pipe (2KCR-3 p/n?) that was on their website sometime ago.

I am just too lazy to change out the x-pipe w/o cats every time I go for state inspection.

steve121

Established Member
I'm using the the cat-less Bassani system and my car still passes my states emmision test but they don't actually look under the car.

9secondlx

Established Member
when you go for inspections in your 00r do they give you a hard time about not having a front plate in mass.

also when wont i be a rookie svt poster. is there a specific number of posts or is it by join date

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Roger:

The catted Bassani X pipe is one of the best choices out there. Originally I did a Spin-Tech cat back with side exits. I liked it a lot but it was heavy. I've since changed to this but I hope to put a right side exit on it someday.

newcatback2.JPG

RogerTx

Established Member
Many thanks! I will be ordering the Bassani soon.

Is there a vendor that most of you guys use that has good prices on these? I know there is a Mustang shop here in the Dallas area, but would like to stay away from them, as their prices are usually on the high side.

I'm ready to start making some nice sounding noise as I drive the R.....:banana::banana:

RogerTx

Established Member
I have this too, like the sound and it passes the emissions here in California.

I would like to have the catted x-pipe also while I am spending all this dough (a lofty total :cryying: I am guessing). Before I order, I am checking Bassani to see if they still sell the catted x-pipe.

RogerTx

Established Member
I would like to have the catted x-pipe also while I am spending all this dough (a lofty total :cryying: I am guessing). Before I order, I am checking Bassani to see if they still sell the catted x-pipe.

Just as I wrote the previous post, Bassani called and said they no longer sell :cryying: the catted x-pipe for the 2000 Cobra R. Guess that answers that.

RogerTx

Established Member
I think for now I will get the cat back and stop there. I may order the off road assy and see how it sounds. As little as I drive it, it may not be a pain. As far as emissions testing, I have not looked into the Mustang tuning to see if you can delete the codes to pass the emissions testing here in Texas. We did that with my 2002 Corvette and passed with flying colors. Of course, they could not see under the Vette to verify the cats were there or not as the car was lowered slightly and the view of the place where the cats were was not visible. :thumbsup:

RogerTx

Established Member
Got the Bassani Cat Back ordered and will start the install of the "Bruce" 90 mm MAF Assy. this weekend. My son painted the aluminum tube black after seeing the pic posted by steve121. Very nice and clean looking. Looks like a nice day outside, so my son is coming by and we will start on that.

Yesterday, he took the R to a shop where he works (they build/test/race dragsters for the ADRL circuit) and had a exhaust guy look at what it will take to fabricate a catted x-pipe assy. with parts bought from available stock. We will go that route, since the Bassani catted x-pipe is no longer made. I will do that after I get the car tuned with the new MAF and cat back exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread