What about 100% Ethanol?

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
So I spoke to a company today about getting E85 from them and they told me that they are going to have 100% Ethanol available soon. Would that be good or bad?

Pro's and Con's?

GodStang

Established Member
It is good but you will have problems with cold starts. Not a huge problem in the south but you get up north and it will be. You will have to have a bit more fuel but not a lot more compared to E85. There are a few guys running E98 also.

04spinbra

Established Member
So I spoke to a company today about getting E85 from them and they told me that they are going to have 100% Ethanol available soon. Would that be good or bad?

Pro's and Con's?

Is 100% Ethanol, E-100?? If so then there is a guy on Yellowbullet.com that had a rattle coming from his engine while running switched to c23(I believe)and didn't have a rattle no more! Alot of people said it was his engine combo because of compression and the shot amount of nitrous didn't go well! But just food for thought!:beer:

04cobrawhine

Established Member
i think with e100 (pure alcohol) you need to fog the engine if its gonna sit for a while cuz there is no lubercation. if the car is drivin on the street, just stick with e85.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
There's no need to run 100% Ethanol. Actually, it's ~E98 because they have to poison it with a little gasoline. The knock resistance of E98 is not much higher at all than E85.

Users who are viewing this thread