What a 900horsepower Supra sounds like!

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
This is Peter Blach's old Supra I think, this is an old video from the Texas2K2 event. He dynoed 795RWHP about 914flywheel I think. Anways enjoy the vid guys.
http://www.christurner.net/TX2K2/vids/005-PeterBlach_dynos.avi
Right-click and Save as!

Oh BTW Peter Blach's other Supra at TX2K4 dynoed 1132RWHP and 986RWTQ on BOOST alone.(If I find vids of his car at the TX2K4 I'll try to post it) Later y'allz

Last edited:

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
:bowdown: Son of a B***H!! I think I just blew out my tweeters on my speakers!! :rockon:

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
i remember that was floating around supraforums... the stock GTE blocks are said to be good up to around 1000 hp... the stock GE only 400 or so =\ ahh now if we could get them to hook better ;)

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
That thing wasnt happy that it was strapped to that dyno. It wanted to get off and bite all of us Stang guys in the ass lol. F#CK THAT I will keep my next Stang away from shit like that. Dont need my Terminator looking like a fool haha. This vid is a good reason I keep my speakers low when starting videos never know what crazy Supra turbo is going to try and make you go deeefff :lol:

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
this vid is a couple years old if im not mistaken, but it is a bad ass car no doubt... and i really like the rims too... the TX2k4, that is the dyno day at MTI you are talking ab right?.... bc i have a website w/ the pics... i live only 15-20 min from MTI w/o traffic, i live on the NW side of houston

here is the link to the website... oh yeah, the top dyno was a domestic, and the 3rd best was a twin turbo c-5

http://www.t72supra.com/TX2K4.html

here is the chart for ppl not willing to look in the link
165-6559_IMG.JPG

165-6558_IMG.JPG

^^ok, by the vipers hp number... there is a plus plus, he tapped out the dyno at only 3800rpms, the expect his number well over 1300hp... he had a blower and a VERY VERY BIG SHOT

oh yeah, and he vette, tapped out at close to 5,000 rpms, bc he exceeded the MPH limit on the dyno
:burnout: :rockon: :rockon: BAD ASS CARS

Last edited:

PonyXpress

Those things are ****ing sick.....the only Japanese import I would ever drive. I understand how the professionaly race prepped engines can make huge power like Blach's, but what I don't understand is how stock block street Supra's can make roughly the same RWHP as a modded Cobra on the same amount of boost. Correct me if I'm wrong but most 600 RWHP Kenne Bell guys make that power at 19-21 PSI while I've seen several Supras making 600-620 at 20-21 #'s.

Smaller motor, doesn't spin much faster, same boost and airflow, what gives?

NBS4

BANNED!
Originally posted by Maniac Mechanic
Those things are ****ing sick.....the only Japanese import I would ever drive. I understand how the professionaly race prepped engines can make huge power like Blach's, but what I don't understand is how stock block street Supra's can make roughly the same RWHP as a modded Cobra on the same amount of boost. Correct me if I'm wrong but most 600 RWHP Kenne Bell guys make that power at 19-21 PSI while I've seen several Supras making 600-620 at 20-21 #'s.

Smaller motor, doesn't spin much faster, same boost and airflow, what gives?

All depends on Flow. I personally want to see Paxton come out with a Novi 2000 Kit for the Terminator's.

BTW - As we all know.. 600rwhp in a supra and 600rwhp in a Cobra is A LOT different because we actually make low end torque. They don't.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
not to mention mustangs can get out of the hole much much better than supras. Supras major drawback has always been getting its ass off the line.

That was pretty annoying sounding if u ask me though. I prefer a beefy growl and roar of a V8 with exhaust to the whistle and ear numbing pitch of a turbo car.

NBS4

BANNED!
Originally posted by Vanride69
not to mention mustangs can get out of the hole much much better than supras. Supras major drawback has always been getting its ass off the line.

That was pretty annoying sounding if u ask me though. I prefer a beefy growl and roar of a V8 with exhaust to the whistle and ear numbing pitch of a turbo car.

IMO.. A Kenne Belled Cobra sounds way better then that Supra does.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I have a friend who recently sold his 680RWHP Supra because he said it was 'useless' on the street. It was a powerful car, but I watched him try to get on it on several occasions and all it did was erupt the tires as soon as it spooled. It got to the point were he just didn't enjoy it anymore.

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
Originally posted by NBS4
I wonder what the Dyno chart looks for that Supra. Probably nothing then shitloads of power from 5000rpm to redline.

Here's a dynochart from a Supra that dynoed 935RWHP & 840RWTQ (Hope the owner doesn't mind)

brett%20todd%20dyno934.jpg

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
thats nuts. actually, looking at my dyno, he makes well over double my hp, but I have him beat up till 4500 rpm when we are about even. Then all hell breaks loose, and i'd get left in the dust.

Users who are viewing this thread