Whacko Waco

Machdup1

Established Member
thats not what I'm saying. As I said before I don't like big government at all. But I also don't like crime or those who carry it out. I also don't like those who profit off it . thats what this group was doing. thats why they filed for trade mark protection. I don't think many of you understand what the issue is. there seems to be a feeling that this is just a strong arm attack on the right to free speech. I really don't see this as a free speech issue. call me when the government tells them they cant say what they want or write things, and I will have an issue. hell they can make all the jackets or patches they want, they just won't have trade mark protection. if they do it in furtherance of criminal activity then I don't see why they think they won't get into trouble.

Members of that group may or may not have been committing crimes. To assume that they all were committing organized crime to the point you want to crush them out of existence is a jump in reasoning. You are judging without a basis from which to make a judgement so you are making assumptions based on second, third and fourth hand information to support your position. 95% of those folks could also be model citizens that like to hang out with people that have similar values to themselves without doing anything wrong and a couple of bad apples are doing things that are illegal and the government went after them all because the agent in charge is trying to get promoted or the agency needs a media win.

The point is that from the outside, you ( and I) will never know. So as long as they are not hurting you and yours, live and let live.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Members of that group may or may not have been committing crimes. To assume that they all were committing organized crime to the point you want to crush them out of existence is a jump in reasoning. You are judging without a basis from which to make a judgement so you are making assumptions based on second, third and fourth hand information to support your position. 95% of those folks could also be model citizens that like to hang out with people that have similar values to themselves without doing anything wrong and a couple of bad apples are doing things that are illegal and the government went after them all because the agent in charge is trying to get promoted or the agency needs a media win.

The point is that from the outside, you ( and I) will never know. So as long as they are not hurting you and yours, live and let live.

Man this is ironic, agreed, but ironic none the less.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Man this is ironic, agreed, but ironic none the less.

lol, what are you trying to say?

u25E0hH_zps5e8a71f4.gif

hb712

Established Member
thats not what I'm saying. As I said before I don't like big government at all. But I also don't like crime or those who carry it out. I also don't like those who profit off it . thats what this group was doing. thats why they filed for trade mark protection. I don't think many of you understand what the issue is. there seems to be a feeling that this is just a strong arm attack on the right to free speech. I really don't see this as a free speech issue. call me when the government tells them they cant say what they want or write things, and I will have an issue. hell they can make all the jackets or patches they want, they just won't have trade mark protection. if they do it in furtherance of criminal activity then I don't see why they think they won't get into trouble.

I do know what the issue is, though you're right that most don't really have the requisite knowledge to truly understand its intricacies. That said, I think it's very easy to frame the argument as a free speech issue, as many IP arguments have been framed. Insert slippery slope arguments, some obscure case law, and you've got yourself a fantastic discussion piece.

With that out of the way, I don't like IP law and am happy I'm not representing either side.

P.S. I always forget what year you are. Did you just graduate?

Last edited:

o2gt

Established Member
I do know what the issue is, though you're right that most don't really have the requisite knowledge to truly understand its intricacies. That said, I think it's very easy to frame the argument as a free speech issue, as many IP arguments have been framed. Insert slippery slope arguments, some obscure case law, and you've got yourself a fantastic discussion piece.

With that out of the way, I don't like IP law and am happy I'm not representing either side.

P.S. I always forget what year you are. Did you just graduate?

Just graduated last saturday. I have a trial next week and then just getting ready for the bar. Very happy to be done with it all. I did really enjoy school just ready for the next step. Did you go back to school?
I agree that an argument can be made by the bikers. It will be really interesting ti watch it get litigated. Im going to do some westlaw research to see if I can find anything.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
there seems to be a feeling that this is just a strong arm attack on the right to free speech. I really don't see this as a free speech issue. call me when the government tells them they cant say what they want or write things, and I will have an issue.

Their high profile attorney says it's a free speech issue, freedom of association issue and due process issue. I assume he knows WTF he is talking about based on some of his former clients. The government simply wants to make civil forfeiture that much easier: "defendants and all their agents, servants, employees, family members, and other persons in active participation with them, must surrender all products, clothing, vehicles, motorcycles, books, posters, merchandise, stationery, or other materials bearing the Mongols trademark."

http://mongolsmc.com/press_post/mongols-rally-against-federal-lawsuit-targeting-club-logo

They already tried to limit the use of the word "Mongols" and it didn't fly, so they went after their trademarked logo.

http://mongolsmc.com/press_post/federal-judge-rejects-bid-to-seize-mongols-name-and-logo

Collective punishment is horseshit and opens a whole can of worms allowing the government to take down any organization it doesn't agree with without due process of law.

o2gt

Established Member
Their high profile attorney says it's a free speech issue, freedom of association issue and due process issue. I assume he knows WTF he is talking about based on some of his former clients. The government simply wants to make civil forfeiture that much easier: "defendants and all their agents, servants, employees, family members, and other persons in active participation with them, must surrender all products, clothing, vehicles, motorcycles, books, posters, merchandise, stationery, or other materials bearing the Mongols trademark."

http://mongolsmc.com/press_post/mongols-rally-against-federal-lawsuit-targeting-club-logo

They already tried to limit the use of the word "Mongols" and it didn't fly, so they went after their trademarked logo.

http://mongolsmc.com/press_post/federal-judge-rejects-bid-to-seize-mongols-name-and-logo

Collective punishment is horseshit and opens a whole can of worms allowing the government to take down any organization it doesn't agree with without due process of law.
He has to say this is a free speech issue. thats the leg he has to stand on. I would be making the same claim if I were him. The judge who granted a partial injunction also worried about the free speech implications. I read her opinion. The government was overboard and did not frame their argument right. The judge does not say you cant use RICO against this group, which would include seizing property.
there are two issues that are being dealt with. 1. trademark protection and 2. property seizer.

GRUSE

Established Member
Quite A few things should scare us now that outside sources are exposing the truth.The original story was 1000 weapons were seized.The truth 118 Handguns,1 AK-47,157 Knives,43 other.In Texas everyone packs at least 1 or 2 side arms in case one jams.Clever the neglect in reporting how many are registered and legal.The AK was found in a vehicle.In Texas it's required all trucks have a gun rack,what's so wrong about having a rifle.157 knives most were probably buck knives,leathermans and restaurant's steak knives.

177 people are locked up with very little regard for the civil rights of innocent until proven guilty.I could understand detaining the people for statements but blanket million dollar bail,total BS.A judge with some common sense needs to step in and get Roy Bean off the case,before some New York lawyers show up to educate Roy on co$t of wrongful arrest and seizure.The law used to incarcerate these folks should be applied evenly.The next time a large brawl happens at a high school football game in Texas,arrest everyone in the stands and deploy a swat team.The spectators are wearing school colors,displaying signs kill the other team.Criminal activity and hate speech,the law will never be applied evenly.

As of now 4 of the 9 dead were confirmed at the hands of LEO's.The scene is being sanitized to protect the LEO's spray and pray tactics.

The Sheepel were fed the headline "Biker War Kills 9".The true headline should read "The Waco Police Massacre". Unfortunately the truth will be lost and guy with a patch will be persecuted since the average sheepel doesn't know the difference of HOG/Abate patch and other groups the government is afraid of.One thing is for sure Hollywood will make a buck off this,too bad Lee Marvin is dead.He could have played the the Vet with the Purple Hart that was killed.

hb712

Established Member
Just graduated last saturday. I have a trial next week and then just getting ready for the bar. Very happy to be done with it all. I did really enjoy school just ready for the next step. Did you go back to school?
I agree that an argument can be made by the bikers. It will be really interesting ti watch it get litigated. Im going to do some westlaw research to see if I can find anything.
Congratulations! Good luck with the trial and bar exam. I'll be back in class come August. I'm not really looking forward to it, lol.

cbj5259

Established Member
Quite A few things should scare us now that outside sources are exposing the truth.The original story was 1000 weapons were seized.The truth 118 Handguns,1 AK-47,157 Knives,43 other.In Texas everyone packs at least 1 or 2 side arms in case one jams.Clever the neglect in reporting how many are registered and legal.The AK was found in a vehicle.In Texas it's required all trucks have a gun rack,what's so wrong about having a rifle.157 knives most were probably buck knives,leathermans and restaurant's steak knives.

177 people are locked up with very little regard for the civil rights of innocent until proven guilty.I could understand detaining the people for statements but blanket million dollar bail,total BS.A judge with some common sense needs to step in and get Roy Bean off the case,before some New York lawyers show up to educate Roy on co$t of wrongful arrest and seizure.The law used to incarcerate these folks should be applied evenly.The next time a large brawl happens at a high school football game in Texas,arrest everyone in the stands and deploy a swat team.The spectators are wearing school colors,displaying signs kill the other team.Criminal activity and hate speech,the law will never be applied evenly.

As of now 4 of the 9 dead were confirmed at the hands of LEO's.The scene is being sanitized to protect the LEO's spray and pray tactics.

The Sheepel were fed the headline "Biker War Kills 9".The true headline should read "The Waco Police Massacre". Unfortunately the truth will be lost and guy with a patch will be persecuted since the average sheepel doesn't know the difference of HOG/Abate patch and other groups the government is afraid of.One thing is for sure Hollywood will make a buck off this,too bad Lee Marvin is dead.He could have played the the Vet with the Purple Hart that was killed.
So 5 of the 9 were not killed by police, but you think it was a massacre at the hands of the police? Interesting math. Lots of information being thrown around in the wind. Bottom line is unless you were there it is nothing more than conjecture.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
This is what people forget... As much as folks trash talk and look down their noses... What they don't realize is...

Once they strip Clubs of their rights, your "I love the 2nd Amendment" T shirt is next....

Holder has done some extremely shady shit in the past.

Like all, your entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is.

Tezz500...thank you buddy...for setting the record straight.

Been hammering my older brother for years, labeling him as a 'biker thug.'

You actually have put things in an 'intellectual manner' that many can't grasp.

Even I couldn't.

The '1pcter' moniker doesn't even explain what 'goofed up things' you guys do, that are misconstrued.

I'm with you.

Not by personal experience of course.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Tezz500...thank you buddy...for setting the record straight.

Been hammering my older brother for years, labeling him as a 'biker thug.'

You actually have put things in an 'intellectual manner' that many can't grasp.

Even I couldn't.

The '1pcter' moniker doesn't even explain what 'goofed up things' you guys do, that are misconstrued.

I'm with you.

Not by personal experience of course.

5662-stiffler-thumbs-up.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread