Wet or Dry?

StangD281

Established Member
Best setup on the 01 GT with a stock intake?

Which brand is "most" reliable/efficient?

Opinions please, or actual experience from those who are running juice. Thanks!

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
I like the TNT & NX kits myself they have really good tech info and willing to help out the small guy customer with tech problem's/info! Good luck trying to get that with N.O.S :burn: IMO

Also what are you looking for 100-175 or what ? how fast you looking to go ? However i will say this i do like the looks of N.O.S's new 4.6 "dry" fogger kit

StangD281

Established Member
100 shot....12 second times.

I like the looks of the Noszle system, too. I dont like the looks of it's price, however, at $1600. Plus the install looks a little detailed for my capabilities.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
If I was you i'd go with an TNT or NX kit they are very awesome kits! Here's an idea for you ;-) call up NX, TNT, N.O.S....just make up or flat out ask a tech question and see who gives you the best straight up feed back! And i bet 10 to 1 TNT & NX give you more info then you were looking for VS N.O.S does ;-) You do that and let me know who you go with.

99SVTcobraVERT

i have personally seen 2 99+ Gt buddies of mine running spray and also myself running nitrous. both of them nitrous express for the 4.6L mustang adj (35-150hp jets) now safely i have seen them run up to a 125shot w/o trouble. BUT my buddy popped in the 150 after only trying the 125 after week and got careless at the track.... 150 shot, cold plugs, no timing adjusted and came off the line almost at idle and forgot the switch was armed and full throttled it ...BOOM:burnout: :nono: with nitrous youhave to wait for the engine to get its momentum going,you cant just shock a stock set of pistons ,rings and rods with a 200+lb ft torque 150hp in 100rpms. just not built for that sort of thing. needless to say the motor was fried, he ended up doing forged and now is running a vortec 9lb of boost and spraying a 100shot:lol: NX is THE BEST, you cant beat the bang for the buck and the feeling when it kicks is UNBELIEVABLE!!! also the wet system with the shark nossle takes about 2 hours or less for an experienced person, or 2 hours if you have 2 people doing it OR 3-4 hours just using the instructions and never doing it before! NX ALL THE WAY:thumbsup:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I like the NOSzle dry kits for the 99+ Stangs. The wet kits are nice and do give a little more bang for the buck. However, with the composite intakes I like the dry better for reduced chances for backfires. Any kit from the big threee will be good. Like some others have noted, the tech help is different from manufacturer to manufacturer. Let us know how you go.

StangD281

Established Member
I like the NOSzle kit as well, but for $1300-$1600 plus install (too detailed for me) that is getting up there in cost. I'm looking for some fun in the next couple months before the '03 comes. If I keep this car, which I may be doing if the insurance decides to skyrocket on the '03, then I will be looking more long-term for the GT. Thanks to everyone for the responses.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
OUCH!! I wondered how much that NOSzle was going for. I'm thinking maybe Venom, though it is up there in price too, but tons of technology in it

StangD281

Established Member
Thanks Don.....I've actually already checked that out, and I believe that is the setup I'd go with if I do it. I've seen it priced anywhere from $699 to $799, so that's not too bad.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
what about the cobra

Well if the pistons are forged can you put 200+hp, and i hear about gt intakes going out but what about the cobras intake what exactly can it take. the system i plan on getting is an NX system with EVERYTHING total cost about $1400 remote bottle opener, some kind of computer controller and all the little extras. But all that won't come till around christmas because i lost a piston after rebuild and two were already broken before so i'm gonna get all new forged pistons and maybe rods.thanks Kendall

SNK BITN

Established Member
Re: what about the cobra

Originally posted by ssj4sadie
Well if the pistons are forged can you put 200+hp, and i hear about gt intakes going out but what about the cobras intake what exactly can it take. the system i plan on getting is an NX system with EVERYTHING total cost about $1400 remote bottle opener, some kind of computer controller and all the little extras. But all that won't come till around christmas because i lost a piston after rebuild and two were already broken before so i'm gonna get all new forged pistons and maybe rods.thanks Kendall

Don't worry about the cobra intake, its not like the cheap plastic GT intake. 200 shot huh? Your gonna need a bigger fuel pump, probably up the injectors and a FPR. A tune would probably be in order so you can fix the timing and fuel curve. With forged internals and all the toys, I don't see too much of a problem. FYI, I've been on the 175 shot (sometimes no jet) for a while and I've got a stock block. I use an NOS dry kit with all the toys and fuel/ignition upgrades.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Uping the compression is a bad idea for any power adder. The static compression is one thing, but adding boost or N2O increases the dynamic compression, which is where things get broken.

A typical 96-98 Cobra @ 9.85 to 1 static compression will go to around 15 to 1 dynamic with only 8 PSI of boost. That is where detonation and too much cylinder pressure break parts.

Yep the Cobras lack the "composite" intakes the GTs have. They are quite capable of handling a 200 shot. Like mentioned above, your fuel system will need alot of attention with that size of a shot, wet or not. A 255 in tank is a good idea, along with larger injectors, calibrated MAF, and possibly Steeda timing adjusters. I'd used them to adjust for shot size at the track, and weather conditions.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
A few more questions, i have a t-rex fuel pump and i'm guessing 24lb injectors from a supercharger on my car (head unit stolen before i got the car)i already know where to get the T/A and nitrous kit but the pistons and rods i have no clue where to get those. and any tips for putting urethane bushings in or do you guys recomend against urethane bushings.Well thats it for right now and thanks for all the help Kendall

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Steeda, Sean Hyland, Modular Performance, and several others offer forged stock replacement parts and stroker kits.

Stock Cobra injectors are 24#, I' think about going 30# with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This way you won't have to worry about maxing the stock injectors out.

Urethane will give the car a different feel of the road. It will make the car a touch stiffer as well. Where were you planing to add the urethane in at?

Users who are viewing this thread