Wet or Dry?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
sorry i haven't posted because i'vbeen busy. didn't really plan a place to put the bushings, so where would you recomend to put the bushings, found some pistons and wondering what you guys recomend either the ones from sean hyland, probe industires, or JE. Then some guy told me to up the compression to 10 to1 but i'm not sure about that. Should i spend the money and have my heads and intake ported and polished i can't find sean hylands price for that so wondering around how much it would cost. Would there be a better benifit of getting a timimng adjuster or a new chip?What underdrive pullies are the best? thanks Kendall

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I agree with SNK BITN!

ModMax has some great new parts. Their parts are on par with Sean Hyland in quality also. Most companies are selling J&E or Ross pistons anyway.

Compression isn't as bad for N2O as it is for boost. However, your stock compression is 9.85 to 1 That is plenty close enough to 10 to 1. If you change the pistons and the compression ends up at 10 to 1 it isn't a big deal, since you're already that close in stock form. With the entire bottom end being forged, I doubt it will make one ounce of difference.

I wouldn't spend the extra money, which will be in the thousands, on a P&P job. The gains won't be huge. The heads flow close to 300 cfm from the factory.

As always I recommend Steeda pullies and Timing adjusters. I have put them on several cars and have not had one problem. No problems with installation or charging. Also if you plan on doing a timing adjuster, you must use a complete crank replacement pulley. You can not use a piggyback type crank pulley if you use the timing adjusters. I always recommend Steeda since their items are SFI approved and develpoed with Ford through the Technology Sharing Program.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Here are SHM's prices for the heads and intakes

SHM offers several different head packages. Certain race and street applications may require specific modifications. Please call our order desk to discuss your requirements.
Our street and race heads are developed using our Superflow 600 flowbench and race experience. All our heads are precision machined on our Serdi head machine, the best available.

2042 96-98 COBRA STAGE 1 Recontoured bowl and short turn radius, multi-angled valve seat, SHM exclusive stainless valves, hardened steel retainers, hardened locks, mag bronze guides. - $1995(pair)

2043 96-98 COBRA STAGE 2 High flow exhaust port, contoured combustion chamber, multiangle valve seat, SHM exclusive stainless valves, hardened steel retainers, hardened locks. - $2495(pair)

2044 96-98 COBRA FULL RACE mag bronze guides.Race ported, oversize exhaust valves and seats race valve springs, titanium retainers, hardened locks, stainless valves. Mag bronze guides, race valve seals. - $7495(pair)

2045 99-01 COBRA STAGE 1 $1995(pair)

2046 99-01 COBRA STAGE 2 $2495(pair)
2047 99-01 COBRA - FULL RACE $7495(pair)

COBRA INTAKE

5042 Ported 96-98 Intake. $450

5043 Ported 96-98 Intake short runner best for S/C applications. - $650

5044 ported 96-98 Intake, modified long runner, best for N/A applications - $1300

5045 Ported 99-01 Intake, modified long runner, best for N/A applications. - $1300

5046 ported 99-01 Intake, modified short runner, best race intake. - $2400

*all prices are US Dollars and subject to change

Last edited:

Colt .45

Established Member
vba4844.gif

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Another vote for a NX kit, see Sig for results. You need a window switch and a low fuel pressure shut off switch no matter what kit you get.

The NX wet kit hits very hard off the line. How about a 1.43 sec 60' in a convertible?

Joe Lynch

DA_MYSTIK_1

Established Member
well i have to agree with everbody else. nx is a better bang for your buck. i was running a 100 shot of nos dry and peice of shit nos fried my pistons. a couple of my buds run nx and i have seen tremendous results at both the street and track. 2 of my buds both have moded ss and the other had a modded 95 cobra. at the trak both ss ran a best time of 11.72 and 11.54. while my buds cobra only hit a 11.9. i myself ran a lousy 12.24 all motor an with nos ran a 12.6. on nos son of a bitch kept back firing, but i guess you just have to choose the one that best suits you. but if i were you i would go nx hands down and you wouldnt have to worry about repalcing your heads, pistons,rods bearings and everything else i had to replace. just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread