Westside Mustangs Annual Westheimer Cruise! Saturday April 27th, 2013

whitey92lx

westsidemustangs.com
Established Member
Annual Westside Mustangs Westheimer Cruise Saturday April 27th, 2013!

b35f3c83.jpg

ATTENTION ALL:
DUE TO CONSTRUCTION AND ROAD CLOSURES AT 99 AND I10, WE WILL NO LONGER BE MEETING UP AT THE CINEMARK.

THE NEW MEETUP SPOT IS AT THE LOWES AT FRY RD AND I10.

Plans are to meet there sometime between 6:30 and 7:15 so we can leave at 7:30ish.
We will try to have copies of the map with addresses and contact numbers just in case anyone gets left behind.

- From LOWES we will exit out of the parking lot and come out onto the I-10 east feeder road where we will immediately get onto I-10 headed east toward downtown.
- We will cruise down I-10 East until we get to the Smith street exit at Downtown Houston. As we exit Smith street, stay on Smith street until we come up to Prairie st/Memorial Dr.

- The group will turn right onto Memorial Dr. and head West.

1st meetup spot
- As we go underneath Shepherd dr. look for a Wells Fargo about 1/2 mile up on the right hand side. We will pull off here to wait for the rest of the group to catch up. Then we can merge back onto Memorial drive. as a group.

- When we get to the Y in the road we will merge left to Woodway.

- Coming up to 610, we will then turn left and get onto 610 heading south.

- Exit off of 610 at the Westheimer exit. Turn right onto Westheimer heading west.

2nd meet up spot
- Heading west on Westheimer, as soon as we pass Tanglewilde, we will pull off into the Randall's parking lot on the right hand side, just before Gessner so we can regroup.

Randalls
9660 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77063
Commons At Woodlake Square

- We can pull out of the Randall's parking lot as a group and then proceed west on Westheimer until we pass Hwy 6.

3rd meetup spot
About 1/4 mile past Hwy. 6 there is a Shell gas station on the right hand side. Just past there there is a large U Haul parking lot. This will be the final stop on the cruise before we head to Texas Borders

U-Haul Moving & Storage of West Oaks
14900 Westheimer Road
Houston, Texas 77082

-After we regroup at the U Haul parking lot, just west of Hwy 6 on Westheimer, we will go back up to Hwy 6 and turn left and go north toward I-10.

- Get onto I-10 west headed toward Katy.

- Exit off of I-10 west onto Westgreen rd. You will see a large restaurant plaza on the right hand side called the Gardens at Westgreen. Meet in the parking lot behind the buildings where we will park and hang out and take a few pictures.

End of the cruise

Texas Borders Bar & Grill
20940 Katy Freeway
Katy, TX 77449
Gardens at Westgreen‎

- I will notify Texas Borders that we will be coming as a group and we wil have the side patio facing the parking lot (and our cars) to ourselves.

If you get lost or are running late please call or text Guy @ (713) 408-6849

I suggest you wash your car, have plenty of gas, use the restroom and eat before the cruise begins to minimize the down time between stops. I will work on trying to get some maps made for everyone.

DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS A CRUISE, NOT A RACE. WSM DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACTIONS OF PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS CRUISE. STREET RACING IS AGAINST THE LAW AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY WSM. PLEASE BE SAFE AND USE GOOD JUDGEMENT.

Here's a few pics from previous years:

bab72449.jpg

1d743c41.jpg

071b5fa3.jpg

GroupPhoto.jpg

whitey92lx

westsidemustangs.com
Established Member
Also, any news on svt vs the world 2013?

To be honest with you man, I have not even started planning it yet. I have been consumed with other stuff lately. I am aiming for mid October, but no details have been set yet.

Users who are viewing this thread