West coast engine builder advice needed

dunndeal

Established Member
I won't bore you with the long story.

When my brother died I inherited a short block based on a 2005 Ford GT aluminum block.
John Mehovitz of Accufab Racing did the modifications necessary to make it usable in my vehicle (converted to wet sump, starter location, etc, etc) and re-assembled it to his specs.
The Navigator twin cam heads were done by Ron @ Fox Lake Racing.

Can anyone recommend an engine builder here on the West Coast to complete the buid?
Thanks,
Jon

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
What’s left to do on it? You said Mehovitz assembled it, what did that consist of? Can you send it back to him? Not many are better with a mod motor than accufab. What car is the engine going to be put in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dunndeal

Established Member
Accufab is in process of re-locating from Ontario, CA to Memphis, TN. He rarely builds engines these days, he only took this on to help me honor my brother's legacy.

The new engine will replace the one already in this 2002 F-150.
Mad Enterprise

dunndeal

Established Member
The heads are Navigator twin cam 4 valve heads with a Whipple 2.3 blower. My brother was the first person to create this combo. He had to make his own intake manifold as there were none commercially available until long after he built it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The heads are Navigator twin cam 4 valve heads with a Whipple 2.3 blower. My brother was the first person to create this combo. He had to make his own intake manifold as there were none commercially available until long after he built it.
Wow, John is relocating to TN? Good for him. He and his business partner deserve to keep more of their money. Closer to competitive racing too.

As for builders, I had an exceptionally hard time finding a shop I was willing to let touch my GT500 engine. Plans have changed for me and the Shelby will be left stockish for now.

John had recommended me a Florida shop but I wanted to keep it in AZ.

I found Duffee Motorsports here in Arizona. He has a good reputation in the Shelby Cobra community from some research I was able to perform. We chatted via email and he was comfortable handling line honing and machine work on my Aluminum 2011 GT500 engine.

Give them a call and see what they could do for you.

home

01yellercobra

Established Member
Am I missing the post where you said how much assembly is done? If the shortblock is done installing heads isn't hard as Sid mentioned.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Does Steve Demirjian still do assembly? I know he did when he had time but he can also point you on who he would trust to use. Not many out there more experienced than him, if any, with machining a mod motor.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Only place I’d recommend say is Aed Racing in Emmett Idaho. Was in sac and relocated

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If all you need is the heads, and other accessories, bolted on; head down to your local Ford dealer and offer the Senior Master Tech a couple hundred bucks for few hours (that's a stretch) of side work.

Users who are viewing this thread