Werid sound.. need help asap

futureSVT

Established Member
Werid sound.. need help asap edit: more vids.

ok guys i was taking a quick ride out with my grandpop and gave it alittle gas in 2nd took it up to about 5k no hop and not much spin. well we pulled into a parking lot and heard this clap clap clap.. pulled over and took a look everything looked fine and everything. so i limped it home and it makes the nosie sometimes but not all the time. makes the noise at 1k-1500k and in all gears. clutch feels normal and does not seem to be slipping. when i got home and pulled into the garage it was making the sound at idle. but goes away right away when clutch is engaged..

anyone have any ideas???

its been driving great all day untill tonight.

[ame=http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc61/nickbaucom/?action=view&current=IMG_0097.flv]
th_IMG_0097.jpg
[/ame]

edit: is this a broke TOB sleeve??

[ame=http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc61/nickbaucom/?action=view&current=IMG_0098.flv]
th_IMG_0098.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I always thought a bad TOB caused more of a squeaking sound. This one is new to me. Sounds more engine related but you said it disappears when you push the clutch in, so I guess the TOB would be my guess as well.

Jefe

Established Member
If the clutch is in and the noise goes away then its definitely trans related. Time to drop it! Sounds like youre able to reproduce that sound with the inspection cover off but I didnt think that piece is supposed to move all that much but what do I know....

dormeas

Established Member
I'd say your tob sleeve is broke. What you are moving in your video is the fork. It should not move like that. Mine doesn't move at all in the direction you moved yours. It should only move front to back as you press/release the clutch. Pretty easy fix, don't sweat it.

Users who are viewing this thread