Went to the dyno

stang910

Established Member
A little history about the car. I purchased the car with a blown engine so I built a 14cc dish shortblock and reassembled it with stock heads and cams. The car came with shorty headers, prochamber, ported eaton with 3.1 upper, 6lb lower, and BA2400 MAF. Got the car dyno tuned and it put down 441/448... major disappointment.

Since then I ported the throttle body and plenum and had it retuned, but never dynoed. It's ran 11.36@124 on this setup and I'm confident it'll go 10's soon. Anyhow I finally put it on the dyno and was pretty happy with the results.

cobradyno.jpg

stang910

Established Member
Most of the gains came from retuning the car I'm sure. The tuner I used the first time put a max of 16* of timing :shrug:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
yea get a new one in rpm increments for sure...also in STD correction but still great numbers!

whats the timing now? what fuel? what port?

stang910

Established Member
I'm running 23* on 93 octane. Not sure who the port is done by. The intake side looks like stegi did it, but the bottom doesn't look the same. As for it being in std I'm not sure they can correct it. I've never seen a dyno graph from this place in sae.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I'm running 23* on 93 octane. Not sure who the port is done by. The intake side looks like stegi did it, but the bottom doesn't look the same. As for it being in std I'm not sure they can correct it. I've never seen a dyno graph from this place in sae.

perfect....glad its all squared away now

SAE / STD...maginally different...was prop 515ish. like i said, STILL great numbers

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Still great numbers and +1 on it being STD but SAE around 515rwhp. Everywhere i've been they can just switch it if you ask for SAE. 16* is really low for 93 octane. I think the edge or if your car likes it..23* can be done on 93. I wanted safe so mine is set at 18* on 93 octane.
Where at in NC did you get this done?

Users who are viewing this thread