Went to the Animal Shelter with the GF!

bossman429

Established Member
Me and the gf went to the shelter today to give a pooch some attention. We both want a dog very bad but me being in my last yr of college, and her having 1 more to go. It just wouldnt be fair to adopt one yet. mabye in a year once i get a place and am settled into my job I will. Its just that for the next year I'll be all over the country with my job.

Anyways we gave a few hours to play with a pooch and this was the one we spent most of our time with. Her name is Mena, and a terrier mix. Very very docile, strong and energetic. never once barked at anyone or any dog! There were so many dogs that deserved good homes.. just a FWIW if you plan on getting a dog or cat please check out the local shelters before bringing another dog into the world, there are soooooo many that need homes.

Anyways heres some pics.

Somethign grabbed her attention:
34799.jpg

gf and dog
34800.jpg

close up, weird angle she was really a cutie!
34801.jpg

gf and dog again
34803.jpg

me and mena
34804.jpg

and again
34805.jpg

I really really wanted to take her home today, and i easily could have, I just didnt think it would be fair to the dog to be kept alone or in a small apt, and moving all around the country for the next yr. At least here she'll be able to go to a better home if the opportunity arises!

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
cute gf. I'm only my second year and i have a dog. It's more fun than responsibility to have... especially when ur bored and dun want to do any of your programming assignments!

bossman429

Established Member
Jettsaleen281 said:
cute gf. I'm only my second year and i have a dog. It's more fun than responsibility to have... especially when ur bored and dun want to do any of your programming assignments!

i thought about that but:

1. the dog lives longer than a few yrs while your worry free at college and have alot of time

2. i couldnt ask my parents to take care of it or anything, and i dont have a house for a dog, just a 1 bedroom apt int he bronx,

3. I will be starting a new job come July, and will be moving around the country for a year, so untill i settle in and get a house or permanant apt, I wont get a dog, no matter how much i want to, its just not fair to the dog

bossman429

Established Member
04sleeper said:
Awesome Dog !!! :thumbsup:

Looks kind of like my dog. :-D
Kaners.gif

9717.jpg

9719.jpg

MAN how awesome.... there are a bunch of pit mixes in the shelter.. almost half the dogs, prolyl bc people are so ill-informed on them...

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
bossman429 said:
MAN how awesome.... there are a bunch of pit mixes in the shelter.. almost half the dogs, prolyl bc people are so ill-informed on them...
Yeah.

I have had several dogs and he is BY FAR the best dog I have ever had. Smart, happy, healthy.

Got him full grown and he was "Pet of the Month". (Meaning he only had a week to live) :(

Now he has a brother. Another rescue dog who looks like him but is a boxer lab mix.

One of the best Dogs to have IMHO. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
my wife is constantly dragging me to the shelter to look at dogs. we rescued a greyhound/lab mix about 2 1/2 years ago and he has been incredible--extremely docile, and he follows my wife EVERYWHERE. i get up to go to work in the morning, and as soon as i get out of the shower, the dog is up on the bed with his head on my pillow--its ridiculous. i wouldn't have it any other way--you feel great because you are rescuing an animal, and these animals are practically free.

bossman429

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
my wife is constantly dragging me to the shelter to look at dogs. we rescued a greyhound/lab mix about 2 1/2 years ago and he has been incredible--extremely docile, and he follows my wife EVERYWHERE. i get up to go to work in the morning, and as soon as i get out of the shower, the dog is up on the bed with his head on my pillow--its ridiculous. i wouldn't have it any other way--you feel great because you are rescuing an animal, and these animals are practically free.

werd i dont have any personal expierence really other than this, but I wouldnt go about doing it any other way.... im sure the animals froma shelter are twice as gratefull as any other dog

Users who are viewing this thread