Went Looking For A Cobra, Found This Instead

Oldnavyt

Established Member
Well I broke down and got another new car. I was looking for another Cobra to replace the one I sold to get the 99 SHO Taurus. Had no luck, but in my travels I came across this one. 2004 FX45 AWD. Dealer wanted 29,900.00 for it. When all was said and done they gave me 5700.00 for my SHO and came down to 23,000.00 on the FX. It had 22,500 miles on it. I was going to have them take the extended warranty back out because it being a 2004 it would have started from the in service date. After some checking, lucked up on that too. It was put into service on 09-2007. Was a Infiniti corporate car. Now it is covered till 09-2013 Bumber to bumber, oil changes, free loaner, the . I will get another Mustang soon though. May as well wait and see the HP numbers on the new Mustang if and when it appears. This is my first non Ford car. My streak of only owning V8 motors continues! Yeah! So here it is. Will get some better pictures soon once I clean it up.
PS This thing runs good for a 5400lb car! Handles like "right now" too.
HPIM1348.gif

HPIM1349.gif

HPIM1352.gif

HPIM1353.gif

HPIM1354.gif

HPIM1355.gif

HPIM1356.gif

HPIM1357.gif

HPIM1339.gif

HPIM1342.gif

HPIM1343.gif

Oldnavyt

Established Member
Too good of a deal to pass up. 5700 for the SHO which was trying to die, 23000price on theirs, add some cash, equal paid for in just under two years. This is the daily driver sir, not the extra Cobra I was looking for.

Oldnavyt

Established Member
Well I was not looking for another daily driver to start with. I was going to fix my 99 SHO (bad tranny and leaking main seal) about a 2 to 3 grand repair for a car that is only worth 4200 and some how in the confusion he thought I wanted to trade it in. Then they come back with the 5700 number and I was like damn. The Cobra that they had was a looker from the road, but upon inspection had been beat on pretty bad, so the dealing went in a totally unexpected direction.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
they gave you $5700 for your SHO??!?!?!?! :eek: i hope to GOD you were laughing all the way home! that's about as much as you can get for a pristine 3rd gen from a private party! and if that's a really good price for that fx, then id say you played them quite well. kudos to you sir :beer:

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
my mom got an fx45 when they first came out, i think she paid 53k for it with everything, very nice solid vehicle. i took it to the track when she was outta town and it ran 15.04

the new 45's are supposed to have 390 horse outta the box, should be nice

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
they gave you $5700 for your SHO??!?!?!?! :eek: i hope to GOD you were laughing all the way home! that's about as much as you can get for a pristine 3rd gen from a private party! and if that's a really good price for that fx, then id say you played them quite well. kudos to you sir :beer:

Its called "over allowing."

Oldnavyt

Established Member
Yeah, I don't know what they call it. They probably call it the way gas is people are scared of them right now. Guy told me later that they were going to take it to an auction. Had been there for a while. So far I have seen 26.3 on the highway. Of course I am not going to get that great of mpg out of it cause I like the way it runs to the floor. And I only live 4 miles from work. Taurus had no flaws other than the two problems I mentioned. I am still shocked about the deal. Very hard to keep a straight face and play the I don't know I really like the SHO card. My boss who was with me was shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread