Well was gonna go 4.75 stroker but now thinking otherwise possibly....

SLPCobra

Established Member
Well last night I got my hands on a bunch of parts for dirt cheap and a couple of the parts I got are a 03/04 cobra block and a 5.4 iron block.
I was just gonna build the 4.6 since I have everything but I got to talking with friends and they keep throwing me the idea of just doing the 5.4 instead.

One big question I have is what options do I have for an intake manifold?
I've seen that mmr makes a sheet metal manifold for navi lowers but does the navi lower even flow that well??
Going to be either single or twin turbo'd

Also will stock navi heads flow good enough to make high horsepower without a port??
Say up to 1000hp or a little more with e85??

Any and all suggestions would be great!

Thanks for all the help,
Zach

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Strokers seems to be personal taste these days. I have seen both setups make more power then 99.9% of the people can use. I went for an over built 4.6 if I can ever afford to get the car its going in finished.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Strokers are fine but a 4.75" stroker in a 4.6L will probably pull the piston almost completely out of the bore.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Intake wise. You could run the adapter plates to go from a 5.4 to the boss intake, would be a sick setup right there!

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
To me, the Coyote intake with adapters, etc just isn't a clean set-up. I would be concerned about sealing under boost. There's a huge thread on Corral about it and there's quite a bit to consider if doing that.

Last edited:

SLPCobra

Established Member
To me, the Coyote intake with adapters, etc just isn't a clean set-up. I would be concerned about sealing under boost. There's a huge thread on Corral about it and there's quite a bit to consider if doing that.

Oh really?
I hadn't seen that thread of course it's been a little while since I have looked on corral too

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Yeah, get some popcorn, sit down, and get ready to read a lot of pages, lol. It's like a 2 year old thread or older (but with recent posts) and still nobody has posted a success story with any power numbers after doing it.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Fitting a 5.4 in an SN95 is a lot of work so don't expect to finish the car anytime soon if you take this route.

A 4.6 turbo will scare you plenty!

SLPCobra

Established Member
Yeah that's what I was thinking too is the 4.6 is gonna be plenty!
I was just throwing the idea around really :beer:

I'd really like to put the 5.4 in a foxbody :burnout:

SLPCobra

Established Member
Yeah, get some popcorn, sit down, and get ready to read a lot of pages, lol. It's like a 2 year old thread or older (but with recent posts) and still nobody has posted a success story with any power numbers after doing it.

Wow that's crazy haha.
Btw I have to say you have one badass car man!
I didn't know they made those electronic E85 testers till I happened upon a video of your car on YouTube lol.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Wow that's crazy haha.
Btw I have to say you have one badass car man!
I didn't know they made those electronic E85 testers till I happened upon a video of your car on YouTube lol.
Haha, cool. Thanks.

Yeah, I can keep tabs on the exact content in the tank I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread