Well the 7 1/2 year lie is off my chest finally.

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
All parent please read.
Me and my wife finally decided to tell our son that there is no Santa :dw:
I didn't think he would take it so bad though. We finally told him and when he heard it from us he thought we were lying. When he knew we were serious his lip started to quiver and a single tear ran down his cheek. :cryying:

He says to me but daddy when we made the cookies Santa came and ate them. I replied no son he didn't, he then says well then who did? I did buddy after you went to bed. After about half an hour of explaining it to him he finally came to realize that it would be ok.
I didn't have the heart to tell him about the Easter bunny and Tooth fairy. I mainly told him because he's about the age where he needs to hear this type of thing from his parents and not some kid at school. Just a little background on my son he is an only child and is very loving and well mannered child. I am very proud of him as everyone just loves to have him around. :beer:
How old were your children when they found out?

Evan5469

Established Member
Damn dude. You are just the crusher of dreams :lol:. But I found out when I was about 8 or so. I have an older sister that ruined it for me.

JasonSnake

Established Member
IMO you probably should have let it fizzle out on its own. Ya gotta let their imaginations run wild when they're young and Santa is one of those images.

2k3gt

Established Member
IMO you probably should have let it fizzle out on its own. Ya gotta let their imaginations run wild when they're young and Santa is one of those images.

+1..this is how my parents did it, so there was never any traumatic "no santa" speech, haha. I don't even remember being upset when I eventually figured it out on my own.

Dusten

Established Member
my sons six, i'll let it go for a few more years, because my daughter is only 15 months.

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
He promised to not tell any of the other kids at school which is part of a deal we made with him. His B day is 12-20 so we are letting him pick out most of his own gift on his b day.
Probably should have waited to tell him but i didnt want the other kids ruining it for him later on.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I went on a night ops mission to find Santa and found my parents munching on the cookies. I got mad and they explained it to me then. I think that was last year.

LSUstang05

Established Member

Werd. I kinda figured it out on my own. I went downstairs one day before Christmas and my mom was making a cape for my younger brother and I asked her if it was from Santa (I still don't know why I asked that) and she said yes. I wasn't really all that upset either and since I have 3 younger siblings (youngest of which is 11) I still get some presents from Santa (and I'm 21) lol

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What!!! Santa isn't real!!! Noooooooooooooooooo!!!:cryying:

Haha! Can't say I was ever taught that any of those things were real so no actual crushed dreams here, lol.

Last edited:

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
Actually santa was real up until about 2 years ago. I heard a noise on my roof so I grabbed my rifle. Lets just say I saw the fat bastard going down my chimney so I shot first and asked questions later. After that night I ruined christmas for tons of kids around the world.

OP, tell your son I'm sorry.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
I bet the little guy was bummed out big time. I kind of figured it out on my own when I learned that "Santa has a budget" lol.

straightliner1

Established Member
Glad you made sure he heard it from you and not on the playground. That is the worst!

My lady still keeps her 10 yr old girl in the dark about all of the imaginary stuff - how I do not know.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
my parents never told me. as the kids in our family got older they were allowed to stay outside with the parents while santa came, and the younger believers stayed in the bedroom, unknownst to them the kids outside didnt believe anymore. I snuck out and hung around the non-believers outside waiting to get a glimpse of Santa and just went along with them saying they didnt believe, only to be let down. I remember balling my eyes out when my dad started putting presents around the tree as the realization sank in, and playing it off that i had jammed my finger in the door as all the parents looked at me like i shouldnt have been there. i think i was 7 or 8.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Damn, thats a little messed up.

More messed up would have been to film the whole thing, and then upload it to break.com Then they could insert that super slow motion part where you can literally see his dreams get crushed.

...and I think they pay you like 2K if you make it on their home page.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
god. I thought you were going to tell us that you were gay...whew...

:lol:

I went on a night ops mission to find Santa and found my parents munching on the cookies. I got mad and they explained it to me then. I think that was last year.

:lol:

last year my girl (8) said another girl in class told her santa isnt real. i just played it off like that other girl doesnt know what she's talking about. my kids pretty sharp though. i think this past Christmas she kind of got the idea it was my uncle in the suit. but i think she WANTS to believe it so she does. she's all excited a tooth is about to come out again (finally) and she can save it for the tooth fairy. last time, the tooth fairy (my ex) left about $20 for a tooth! :rollseyes:nonono: so she's all pumped about that :dancenana:

i used to search all over the house for presents. and i realized that the gift tags from my parents and santa had the same style of handwriting. my parents didnt even bother to try to cover their tracks :rollseyes i use different wrapping paper, gift tags, pens and writing style for santas stuff. although im not even sure she pays attention lol. pretty much everything under the tree is for her so she just glances at the name and starts ripping lol. she wont be heartbroken. she'll understand why parents do it. :)

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
OP needs to get banned.

I just grew out of that phase. As I grew older I just kind of figured that there wasn't a santa. Especially since my parent's asked me what I wanted, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread