Well since there was a SVT Focus version, What do you think of the Contour SVT?

Crazycarl

Established Member
What do u guys think about the Contour SVT?

I personally think it is a great car but maybe that because i own one, So what is your opinion?

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Crazycarl said:
What do u guys think about the Contour SVT?

I personally think it is a great car but maybe that because i own one, So what is your opinion?

Never driven one, but while I don't "love" them I think that they have(had) their place in the SVT lineup and that they are a pretty cool little car.

cobracory

Established Member
I like the Contours... We only had them in Canada for 2 years '99 & '00 if I recall.
It'll be interesting to see what Ford brings back for the new 4-door SVT - assuming they are.

The Contours are fun... was a passenger in one for a quick lap at an SVTOA event last summer. And the local SVTOA chapter, has I think.... 5 members with SVT Contours... or more.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I always liked the Contour. I almost bought a couple of them actaully but, I stuck with buying Mustangs and now I can't get away from the power.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
I thought it was the cobras little sister??? haha!!! j/k :D
:burn: :burn: :burn:

I love them. I wish I had bought one. :( It's actually what brought me to this site, btw. :p

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
A buddy bought a new 99 SVT Contour in the fall of 98 (If I remember right), it was black. Handled fantastic, sounded mean. I loved it!

For a DD it would be great, but my 6'5" frame has trouble fitting in there :(

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I've never driven or ridden in one ...

But... I drove a V6 auto Mystique in late 94 when the 1st 95s come out .. and I was very impressed with that car ... at the time.

I can only imagine how much better an SVT version with a stick and better brakes would be!!!

I flogged the S#!$ out of that 95 to the point where the brakes were smoking and the pedal got all mushy!

When I "see what a car can do"... I really do find the limits...

I just hope they are not subject to all the wiring maladies I have seen on their corporate sister cars... That Euro spec(Mondeo) wiring here in the states with all this heat has been disastrous.

Do they have bigger brakes?

Jimmy :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread