Well my time is up! Going back to civilian life

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
This month is my 4 year mark in the Coast Guard and I am getting out :banana: back to a normal life for me! It was fun, stressful, boring, exciting, and a experience of a life time. Got to see/do alot of stuff that just amazes me! I will be going to school now that it will be paid for probably something in the automotive mechanics field but still undecided. I look forward to this new chapter in life and i will make the most of it!:beer:

VegasMichael

Established Member
My biggest regret was leaving the military. I have a solid career as a civilian but wish I had stayed. I left for the wrong reasons.

ninj86

Established Member
Good luck, its hard leaving the military, I just hit my six year mark and still not sure if im getting out after this reelistment.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Yea, im leaving for all the right reasons. I wanna live my life the way i want to. It was fun and a honor serving but its time for me to move on.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I might be making a mistake but who knows....but i will be happier being home and happiness in life is all that matters, you only live once!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Congrats and good luck! I just hit 8 in the AF myself, I'm in for the long haul.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
only reason I wouldn't leave now is the economy, but if you are going to school that may be a different story. good luck

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Congrats and good luck! I just hit 8 in the AF myself, I'm in for the long haul.

+1 i'm going on 9, in reserves now of course, diod 4 active and rest as a weekend warrior.....i value my time with my family so i decided to get out. not that you don't was making a general statement for me lol but yeah time flies. decided to do the full 20, hell i'm halfway would be stupid to quit now. :beer:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
yes, school will be paid for and they will be paying me to go to school win win

do the kicker if you can, dish out extra $600 or whatever it is, telling ya it'll come in handy. buddy makes way more than i do w/ kicker on GI Bill than i do for extra $600. i was dumb and decided not to invest, i'm bout 3 mths left on reg GI Bill then the post 9/11 for another yr :beer::rolling:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Congrats man.. I was thinking about getting out over a year ago but just can't do it.. My schedule is to good and the economy sucks lol.. but good for you man. What rate etc where you?? I think if they are still doing it, but within a year if you decide to come back you keep your rank, rate, etc.. Which would be good if you decide that being in the civilian world isn't what you wanna do. :beer:

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Family is #1 to me and i have missed out on so much. My son is 2 and i have missed very important days of his life that i will never get back and nothing is worth that. Thanks for the info on the 1yr thing but i wont be looking back.

Users who are viewing this thread