Well my car is starting to show it's age.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
Well after only pitting 500 miles or so on my car for the past few years. i now have leaks from the oil pan, a/c, transmission, rear end, and of course the s/c feed and return lines. So now i am at a point where do i fix the seals, pulling the k for the oil pan and drop the trans. or just sell a car that is hardly used anymore, I also think that the use is the problem for the seals maybe dried out? do any of you have problems with you car because of it's age?:beer:

svtrickey

Established Member
I didn't drive my lightning but 2k miles in 4yrs but I made sure to fire her up and move her around. I don't have any leaks or problems at all. More then likely the seals did just dry up and that's the cause of the leaks.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I've started to notice more leaks on my 90 just from sitting. It may not move for several months at a time and it's showing now.

I do at least try to start the cobra at least once every two weeks and keep it on jackstands with the suspension loaded if it needs to sit for any time.

If you like having the car, why not invest a little money on wear and tear items.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I say replace everything. You have a very fast car right now and all it needs is a built motor. It's maintance on a car yea know. You were going to have to do it at somepoint, not all cars run forever without doing maintance. :)

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I say replace everything. You have a very fast car right now and all it needs is a built motor. It's maintance on a car yea know. You were going to have to do it at somepoint, not all cars run forever without doing maintance. :)

this just pull the motor and build it you have too nice of a car to get rid of ill take the 315 bfgs if you want lol

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, do you run synthetic oil and if so, how long have you been running it?

lafeva

Established Member
seals are dried as stated before, start driving it some. that may lube the seals some and soften them up some to slow/stop the leaking. its worth a try :D ive had it help on one of my trucks.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
ya i run full synthetic been for about 28k now. use 5w30. now i am looking at after market oil panes with a bung for the sc drain. what are you sc guys using and how do you like them?:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread