Well, looks like I'm gonna have to change my sig

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
There's a few reasons why I've decided to break up my collection. First and foremost, the wife is pregnant. So, I can't be selfish and have two toys, so I've decided to break up the collection. I've got a firm offer on "Beauty", so it looks like she's gonna be gone soon. :cryying:

Long story short- I'm heartbroken.. Say what you will, but this car has been with us from day one and has ALOT of history between us. This will sound a little silly, but back in the day, I actually felt special driving this car. First time that ever happened. I remember- two days into ownership, driving down the 401 and getting the "thumbs up" from a Porsche driver. Made me feel good. I've gotten ALOT of thumbs up, but like they say, the first one is the one that you'll always remember ;-)

For a few months, alot of you Melvins will remember that, for awhile, this was the 'Stang to have lol.

So now, I'm gonna be faced with a real dilemma.. I have a line on a 10,000 mile, mint 04 Lightning that is a one owner truck. I may plan on getting that and then trading in (or selling) "Beast" for a new Super Duty Diesel OR taking a trip down to the States and looking at Sinister 04's immaculate Lightning. Another possibility would be a 93 fully built 800hp YSI Notch that's @ DaSilva Racing. I've known Joe for years and he has done all the work himself, so this car would be hard to pass up. Especially for the price. This is a low 9 second car, guys- with the potential to be even quicker with a few suspension tweaks, so that is VERY tempting.

What the hell would you guys do? This is the very first time that I've ever asked for feedback from y'all, so please, be gentle.. And useful lol.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Arright.. Heres what you do.. :idea:

Keep the cobra... come down to the states (make sure to stop in Rochester NY so I can see this beast cobra of yours.. I'm only 80 miles across the lake!), after that, buy the lightning, and trailer you cobra and the 9 second notch back to your house and sell both your other DD's in your sig. :rockon:

I'm only kidding. But how cool does my plan sound? :lol1:

Its a really tough call. I've always been a huge fan of your cobra... But think of it like this.. There are pleanty of other cobra's out there for later in life. Get things settled with yourself now, and just remember that there are a ton out there for later down the road. You can always get another one later! :beer:

Its going to be tough. I was soooo attached to my 94 Formula... And I almost cried when I sold it. But I moved on..

Last edited:

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Im confused but I didnt think you had a cobra? Why do the two people before me refer to your car as a cobra? Thought it was a bullitt. Maybe im just retarded.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let me get this right. You will probably be selling both Bullitts? You said in the first paragraph that you had a firm offer on Beauty and it would be going soon. And then later you say you might trade or sell Beast. Do you have to sell both? If you can keep one of the two, which one do you enjoy the most? Sounds like Beauty means more to you so if it were me, I'd lean towards keeping that one. Also, it started to sound like with a child on the way you would be changing your focus to the family, but then it sounded later like you were interested in 9 second cars for racing. So do you race the Beast a lot? Do you have to race or can you get by with a stock or near stock Mustang? I guess I would start by assessing your priorities and go from there. If it were me, I'd keep Beauty and enjoy it near stock, and not throw money into mods but instead be sure the more important things are covered. Like home, regular expenses, a saving account and your child's education is taken care of. Getting married changes one's priorities. Having a child changes them again. JMO.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Scott sold his truck, so you aren't going to be buying that one.

I'd sell one, keep the other. No use selling both and buying a Lightning. As crappy as the back seat in mustangs are, at least they exist.

70Maverick

Established Member
I dont have kids so I can't relate but I see Mustangs with baby seats in the back of them ALL the time. It is not uncommon to see a Mustang at a car show with a baby seat in it that has been recovered to match the interior. I don't see that as a valid reason to sell one. I don't see how selling your car will make you more responsible parent. :shrug:

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
Keep the beast, its the one you won't get as much money as you got in it. Its obviously set up the way you want it....and no need to go out and get a race car if you got that one.

oilwell1415

Established Member
I dont have kids so I can't relate but I see Mustangs with baby seats in the back of them ALL the time. It is not uncommon to see a Mustang at a car show with a baby seat in it that has been recovered to match the interior. I don't see that as a valid reason to sell one. I don't see how selling your car will make you more responsible parent. :shrug:

You do realize that kids cost money, right? They are a fairly large upfront expense to have and then prepare a home for. Then you've got to keep them fed and watered, plus the occasional trip to the dr and other kid expenses. A car, even one that's paid for, is a recurring expense both financially and personally. Both of those things take a hit when a kid arrives.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
You do realize that kids cost money, right? They are a fairly large upfront expense to have and then prepare a home for. Then you've got to keep them fed and watered, plus the occasional trip to the dr and other kid expenses. A car, even one that's paid for, is a recurring expense both financially and personally. Both of those things take a hit when a kid arrives.

we wants to buy a lightning....... :shrug:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

I'd sell one, keep the other. No use selling both and buying a Lightning. As crappy as the back seat in mustangs are, at least they exist.

Yep, should have snatched it up earlier! If you don't have to sell both, just keep the Beast.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Yep, should have snatched it up earlier! If you don't have to sell both, just keep the Beast.

Speaking of changing sigs...lol, congrats on the sale.

OP, keep the modded one. If you keep the stock one instead, you'll just end up modding it anyways. And forget about buying someone else's racecar, that's just trading something you know was built right for something you'll always have to wonder about.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Speaking of changing sigs...lol, congrats on the sale.

OP, keep the modded one. If you keep the stock one instead, you'll just end up modding it anyways. And forget about buying someone else's racecar, that's just trading something you know was built right for something you'll always have to wonder about.

Good point. BUT..I know who built the car. And I know it's done right. ;-)

I think that's what I'll wind up doing. Thanks man.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

:beer:

Well put. I just can't rationalize having two toys. It's not right.

Keep the beast, its the one you won't get as much money as you got in it. Its obviously set up the way you want it....and no need to go out and get a race car if you got that one.
Good advice..
But this notch is pure sex lol.

I'd get the notch

That's the one I want. :pepper:

Keep 1 of them. No need to sell both

True. :thumbsup:

Dammit! Oh well, I waited too long. You're right.. But this L has just 10,000 miles on it and that's hard to pas up brotha. :beer:

Let me get this right. You will probably be selling both Bullitts? You said in the first paragraph that you had a firm offer on Beauty and it would be going soon. And then later you say you might trade or sell Beast. Do you have to sell both? If you can keep one of the two, which one do you enjoy the most? Sounds like Beauty means more to you so if it were me, I'd lean towards keeping that one. Also, it started to sound like with a child on the way you would be changing your focus to the family, but then it sounded later like you were interested in 9 second cars for racing. So do you race the Beast a lot? Do you have to race or can you get by with a stock or near stock Mustang? I guess I would start by assessing your priorities and go from there. If it were me, I'd keep Beauty and enjoy it near stock, and not throw money into mods but instead be sure the more important things are covered. Like home, regular expenses, a saving account and your child's education is taken care of. Getting married changes one's priorities. Having a child changes them again. JMO.

Well said about the priorities. And yes, Beauty means more to me only because I've had her since day one. Beast less than 4 years. But I'm sure I'll get over it lol. Thanks Bob. :beer:

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Much appreciated!!

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Arright.. Heres what you do.. :idea:

Keep the cobra... come down to the states (make sure to stop in Rochester NY so I can see this beast cobra of yours.. I'm only 80 miles across the lake!), after that, buy the lightning, and trailer you cobra and the 9 second notch back to your house and sell both your other DD's in your sig. :rockon:

I'm only kidding. But how cool does my plan sound? :lol1:

Its a really tough call. I've always been a huge fan of your cobra... But think of it like this.. There are pleanty of other cobra's out there for later in life. Get things settled with yourself now, and just remember that there are a ton out there for later down the road. You can always get another one later! :beer:

Its going to be tough. I was soooo attached to my 94 Formula... And I almost cried when I sold it. But I moved on..

Forgot to respond to your response. Sorry about that. Your advice (the serious one) is a good one.

On a side note- I thought you were coming up here? What happened?

Users who are viewing this thread