Well I had an engine failure in my 03

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
03 Cobra Toy said:
Naaaaaaa :)

Toofast,

That sucks...

More Cooling mods are on the way....Evans came up with this flange. We need more coolant flow from the radiator...PM Sent

http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/showownerpic.asp?u=3874&n=104107&pos=7

http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/showownerpic.asp?u=3874&n=104106&pos=14

Ok this is the list Evans came back with.
Evans pump..# EP30514.@ $169.95
Evans pump inlet # E3355 @ $159.95
Evans remote thermostat # E3004 @ $99.95, which is a 180 degree
Fluidyne radiator #FHP20-97MU @ $375.96
8 gallons of NPG-R @ $25.00 a gallon

In addition I will need a Gates 13 to 13 1/2 inch hoses to connect upper hose.

David do you know what the Evans pump inlet is? Do they have a replacement for the top cross-over tubes or is this the replacement for the oil filter location?

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
toofast4u said:
Ok this is the list Evans came back with.
Evans pump..# EP30514.@ $169.95
Evans pump inlet # E3355 @ $159.95
Evans remote thermostat # E3004 @ $99.95, which is a 180 degree
Fluidyne radiator #FHP20-97MU @ $375.96
8 gallons of NPG-R @ $25.00 a gallon

In addition I will need a Gates 13 to 13 1/2 inch hoses to connect upper hose.

David do you know what the Evans pump inlet is? Do they have a replacement for the top cross-over tubes or is this the replacement for the oil filter location?

Brian the inlet replaces the factory oil cooler..

More pic

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8448

nugen

Established Member
Don't worry man, bobby1 is insinuating that you are "crying" about your engine blowing up, when in fact you're post is informational in nature. I will now consider adding cooling mods to my Terminator. I've wanted to do an engine oil cooler for a while, but I'm only sitting at 500 horsepower right now. I like to take my car to the track, so that may be my next mod.

Best luck with the rebuild! I'd like to know what went wrong.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I am not complaining and actually expected it sooner or later due to all the close calls I have had with plugs and other issues. I just ordered all of the Evans stuff yesterday to resolve the cooling issue for good. It included the

Evans water pump
Evans water inlet, replaces the stock oil cooler
Evans remote 180 thermostate
Fluidyne Radiator
NPG-R fluid

I also have a water neck which is going on the driver side head to connect to the passenger side one. I also have a full oil cooler set-up going on the car with remote oil filter mount and canton road race pan. Still debating on the accusump.

Cobra-R

Established Member
toofast4u said:
Still debating on the accusump.

Do it!! It's cheap, and I believe the 4.6 needs them for long term durability on the track. (besides the benefit of being able to prelube before engine startup)

Brian

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
after all you've done to the car, you're not sure whether you want an accumulator or not??!!@#@!@ :eek:

if you can find a place for the canister, go for it!

That is my problem I don't know where to put it. When I pull the bumper of this weekend I will have to find some place. Damn this thing is going to hold a lot of oil. With the accusump, pan, remote oil filter, lines, and cooler it should be around 13 quarts. And I was trying to make it lighter.

predator

Established Member
toofast4u said:
That is my problem I don't know where to put it. When I pull the bumper of this weekend I will have to find some place. Damn this thing is going to hold a lot of oil. With the accusump, pan, remote oil filter, lines, and cooler it should be around 13 quarts. And I was trying to make it lighter.

Well.....if you relocate your battery to the trunk it will leave a nice place for the accusump! :p If I ever get back in the picture taking mode I will send you some. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread