Well I came down with it...

WC_Racer

Established Member
The whine in the transmission. 1-4 have a loud whine. Dealership took pity (yeah right)? Rebuild? Buy a TR6060? Just looking at my other options since it looks like thats what I'm going to have to do soon.

Last edited:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
mine whines a bit. i just accepted it. i dont feel like going through all the bullshit for an annoying noise...

WC_Racer

Established Member
Mine just started to whine at 14,000 miles. Had the car for almost a year now. Thought I was one fo those people who escaped the whine issue.

SicShelby09

Banned
Mine has a low whine. I forgot about it when I got my muffler deletes put on last year. Then when I put the stock mufflers back on I realized it was still there. LOL. Not loud enough to hear over an axleback, but loud enough over the stock exhaust. Its kinda cool sounding too. Its just the sound of low tolerance gears meshing together. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car doing this. Both my old 07 C6 and my 09 GT500 had the same whine.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Is this a bad whine? My T-56 started to whine around 70k miles but it turned out it was because I changed the shifter and it transmitted more sound into the cabin.
Does the appearance of the whine mean the trans is starting to come apart? Alot of my manual cars have/had a whine.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Mine has a low whine. I forgot about it when I got my muffler deletes put on last year. Then when I put the stock mufflers back on I realized it was still there. LOL. Not loud enough to hear over an axleback, but loud enough over the stock exhaust. Its kinda cool sounding too. Its just the sound of low tolerance gears meshing together. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car doing this. Both my old 07 C6 and my 09 GT500 had the same whine.

i just pretend i have a blower, then i make pssshhhhhh sounds in between gears for realism!

NinjaBum

Established Member
Mine does it as well. Not worried. Shifts fine and after installing my Roush AB on it I can't hear it 95% of the time.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I had a 2011 transmission started whining after like 4k miles took it in to the dealer 4 times lemoned it and bought a 2012 this one whines even more so I just live with it transmission shifts perfect never grinds and pretty smooth! Some ppl have it some don't that's just how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread