Well here is my first race on slicks with the IRS!!

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
I have pro level DSS shafts, and a 26 spline input shaft. These are 28x10x16 Hoosiers. I didnt really get the bite I want. I was running about 10.5 lbs of pressure before the burnout. So maybe about 12 after heating them up. Anyone got any pointers or techniques they use let me know. I am thinking of getting the matching runners and thinking of getting the MSD launch control and a line lock. I was also thinking of getting some 3.73's, I was barely in 4th when I finished.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE3YdjW9zp4"]YouTube- 1-22-10 4yall2nv (Trans Am) -vs- LxLaw (Terminator)[/ame]

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Well, I went down and ran last night. 41% humidity, about 69 degrees. Good night to run. I made the first burnout, and it one wheel peeled on me. Not a good launch, launched at 3k and it bogged. Had to watch the video to see what was happening. Went back and just drove through the water, I usually drive around and back in. Did a nice burnout, staged, and launched the car at about 4700. I had about 10.5 lbs in the tires. The car spun a bit and hit a 1.79 60' ran great, and I let off and tapped the brakes right before the finish and it clipped off an 11.78@102. I was pretty stoked, couldn't let my comp know what it was really going to run. So I figured on my race against this guy, I would give it my all. Did a nice burn out, staged and launched at about 4k. It pulled a 1.71 60', I had a .081 rt to his .100, I went through the 1/8 at 7.5@95 at the top of 3rd, it started banging out a bit, so I powershifted 4th to try and at least keep the lead. It wound up running an 11.61@119 to his 11.9@109. I wound up beating him. I was pretty stoked, but I am gonna have to throw some 3.73's in the car to get it all out of it I think.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
I didnt powershift 3rd, because on my first pass, i banged 3rd, it started free reving and my reverse lights came on!! LOL!! It was bizarre. And no I didnt shift into reverse. I yanked it out of 3rd and threw it into 4th, and figured I better play it safe the rest of the night. I dont have any idea why my reverse lights came on!!! Anyone have any ideas??

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I don't think you should make any new adjustments other than getting back there a few more times and getting used to your setup. A front skinny setup could help, but going to 3.73's at this point would not be a big priority until you can get your driving where you want it.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Well I was going to get the WOT box from N2MB racing and a line lock and hopefully some skinnies. I may wait on the gears for a bit, but I definitely want those couple items. Would any of you know why I banged 3rd gear real hard my first pass, it started free revving and after watching the video, my reverse lights came on. I had to yank it out of 3rd to 4th and finish the pass.

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Get rid of the 28in tall tires and go with some 26's you wont need more gear then

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
well the only problem is no one make a 26x10x16 slick, only MT makes an ET Street, and I am not real fond of them. I have 16's in the back of the car, didnt want to grind on the IRS.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
I am going to go back this or next weekend, and get some more runs in. I think with a bit more practice, i can get it down.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Get rid of the 28in tall tires and go with some 26's you wont need more gear then
Not necessary at all. Myself and many others have had no problems running some pretty decent times with 28" tall slicks and 3.55 gears.

Do your research on the WOT box. Bunch of folks have given them a try at the track and ended up removing them. Line Loc would make it easier to do your initial burnouts for sure, but not a difference maker once you get some more practice doing burnouts in second gear.

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
well the only problem is no one make a 26x10x16 slick, only MT makes an ET Street, and I am not real fond of them. I have 16's in the back of the car, didnt want to grind on the IRS.

Try the et streets out they work good i was able to run a [email protected] using a 26x10x16 a while back with just 450hp

yellowgt02

Established Member

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
So you are making 570rwhp and 546rwtq? 119mph trap speed is low for the power level. I went to the track about 2 weeks ago and ran 11.51@125mph and 11.54@126mph with 2.80 upper and stage 4 ported eaton.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
So you are making 570rwhp and 546rwtq? 119mph trap speed is low for the power level. I went to the track about 2 weeks ago and ran 11.51@125mph and 11.54@126mph with 2.80 upper and stage 4 ported eaton.

It all depends on what kind of air you run in.... I make about the same HP and have trapped as high as 130 with decent air and as low as 121 with DA of 4300 FT. Each track is different, there are alot of factors that come into play. I would like to see what your Ported eaton would do with shitty air... you would proabably think something was wrong with your car. LOL

Op what was the air like that day I bet that tells some of the story about you low trap speed/ET

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread