Well guys i did it, i BLEW my motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
well im pretty sure my motor is done... i went to the dealership and my car was all torn apart... they said that piston #7 got way to hot, and #8 was scortched??...the svt tech is comming tomorrow to see if there goin to warrenty it :shrug: i took 2 pics from my camera phone....my motor was in 50 pieces, transmission was out... it was a terrible site

brokecobra1.jpg

brokecobra2.jpg

blowncobra3.jpg

blowncobra4.jpg

blowncobra5.jpg

blowncobra6.jpg

Last edited:

fubu795

Banned
Thats what you get for trying to keep up with me :banana:

Better trade it for an srt-4 and call it a day :lol: :lol: :lol:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
anthony, are you expecting warranty work since you had the pulley and tune?
sorry to hear about your engine man, hope everything works out for ya

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
anthony, are you expecting warranty work since you had the pulley and tune?
sorry to hear about your engine man, hope everything works out for ya

what are u talking about?? i had the stock pulley and stock exhaust, i just put those mods in my sig so i would look cool :thumbsup:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your motor. I hope all works out well in your favor! BTW, who tuned your car and did you actually hit the dyno to check out your A/F ratio? Were you running off a Predator box tune? Just little things like this to help out others that are headed down this same road!

Last edited:

MY DREAM

Established Member
Yes, do tell about what tune you were using. What do you think caused it? Did the dealer say anything about what they thought caused it?

James

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your motor. I hope all works out well in your favor! BTW, who tuned your car and did you actually hit the dyno to check out your A/F ratio? Were you running off a Predator box tune? Just little things like this to help out others that are headed down this same road!

TTT

LCCOBRA

Established Member
dougwg said:
stock Predator tunes suck :burn:

:pop:

I could'nt agree more the most important thing to have done when your moding is custom tune.. :thumbsup:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
fubu795 said:
He had a RWTD tune I beleive.

:eek: don't tell me that! :nonono: Did he have his A/F checked? I'm very interested in knowing......It seems odd the motor would blow unless he was running lean as heck! :pop:

fubu795

Banned
I-CAN-STANG said:
:eek: don't tell me that! :nonono: Did he have his A/F checked? I'm very interested in knowing......It seems odd the motor would blow unless he was running lean as heck! :pop:

he never had it checked but he had identical mods as me while back and we both had similar tunes and mine was dead on from RWTD 11.9 - 12.0 across the board (I like it rough, lol). His motor always made the ticking noise since day 1 then it just got louder all a sudden. Dealership guessed it to be the head tick so they tossed a new head on and engine still made noise. Thats what lead to taking the engine apart.

I'm guessing he might have gotten bad gas and went lean for too long of a period.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I take it you de-modded and flashed back to stock? Please update us with the events of your case as I've heard of one person getting a new motor after reflashing back to stock.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Man o man, even if it was the same tune, you still gotta dyno the thing! Time after time we see this crap happening and it just shouldn't. GET YOUR CARS ON THE DYNO PEOPLE!!! Not all cars are the same, even if the mods are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread