Well got rid of the cobra, went to the dark side

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Just traded the 03 cobra in for a 2006 Pontiac GTO. I love the car, comes with a warranty and only has 51k miles. This is what I wanted for the price, almost bought a 2013 mustang Gt but I can't justify paying $30000+ on a car when im trying to buy a house, got a good deal on the cobra for trade in and a lower interest rate on the Gto so how could I pass? They are installing a new a/c compressor tomorrow morning so I have a 2011 ford escape to drive til I pick it up after work tomorrow. The cobra had low pressure in cylinders 2 and 6 and a new short block was the only other option, with 98k on it, things would continue to break so I made the decision to trade it in while I could.

I will buy another mustang in the future I bleed ford blue, but time to see what government motors has to offer with this nice little 6.0 ;-)

Only pic I have so far

251827_10151071591693408_1087626934_n.jpg

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Rofl... you left your terminator for this pos?

You have it the other way around, the Cobra was the POS, by far the WORST car I ever owned...Not sure waht the owner did to it before but my god it was a nightmare, things were breaking every other week on it, it came to the point where I didnt even enjoy it anymore because I was dumping money just to keep it running, being a DD I had enough. When I found out the news on the motor via compression test I said nope thats it, im trading it in. Hope I enjoy this car so far I love it, cant wait to do a nice H/C/I on it. Never owned a cammed car before, always have modular mustangs so this will be a nice change for the time being :banana:

derockgt

Established Member
wow... well everyone has there own likes and dislikes. i was expecting a c6 Z, seems like most terminator owners trade up. hope you enjoy your decision

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Congrats. I had an 06 also. They are nice cars.

Thanks LL!! I hope I get a lot of joy out of this, heard great things about them, so far I love the interior, its roomy, comfy, updated interior knick knacks, and has pretty decent power to boot. Exactly what I want for a DD

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
wow... well everyone has there own likes and dislikes. i was expecting a c6 Z, seems like most terminator owners trade up. hope you enjoy your decision

I would have loved to, but dont have the money to afford one, I almost bought a 2013 gt, but if i bought it I couldnt afford a house. So this is right in my price range, I cant afford a $30K car at the moment, theres always time for that down the road, just had to make a grown up decison, its my car and I like it so thats all the matters. So many biased opinions from friends but im making the payment not them. I will own another one day, just for the time being Ill rock this.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You have it the other way around, the Cobra was the POS, by far the WORST car I ever owned...Not sure waht the owner did to it before but my god it was a nightmare, things were breaking every other week on it, it came to the point where I didnt even enjoy it anymore because I was dumping money just to keep it running, being a DD I had enough. When I found out the news on the motor via compression test I said nope thats it, im trading it in. Hope I enjoy this car so far I love it, cant wait to do a nice H/C/I on it. Never owned a cammed car before, always have modular mustangs so this will be a nice change for the time being :banana:

Sucks yours had issues. Ive not heard of many people having reliability issues with these cars unless theyre out breaking parts due to finding the weakest link in the chain.

The GTO is a fine machine, ive toyed with the idea as well as they are far more daily driver friendly and get better mileage if you have a drive to work. How does it still have a warranty though being 6yo? Or is it a aftermarket warranty and not a true manufacturer warranty? If so, good luck with those.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
cant wait to do a nice H/C/I on it. Never owned a cammed car before, always have modular mustangs so this will be a nice change for the time being :banana:

If you want a DD don't do that, a cammed LSX will give you 9 times the headache than any blown 4valve with a stock longblock.

Sorry your Cobra was a mistreated piece of crap/ Congrats on the GTO.

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Sucks yours had issues. Ive not heard of many people having reliability issues with these cars unless theyre out breaking parts due to finding the weakest link in the chain.

The GTO is a fine machine, ive toyed with the idea as well as they are far more daily driver friendly and get better mileage if you have a drive to work. How does it still have a warranty though being 6yo? Or is it a aftermarket warranty and not a true manufacturer warranty? If so, good luck with those.

Yeah just a aftermarket warranty thing that will help prrotect me if anything breaks, I also have GAP and everything needed. Yeah I couldnt enjoy the car because of something else breaking. Previous owner must have really neglected it, never had any recalls done or anything, still had the original heads with the head tick. Just sucks because I wanted a cobra for SOOOOO long and finally got one and was about to make big power with it, but wanted to do a compression check just in case and sure enough. By the time I brought it in to trade if i got into the slightest boost it would stutter and just sound and run like shit, it wasnt gonna last too much longer. I needed to get out of it ASAP

If you want a DD don't do that, a cammed LSX will give you 9 times the headache than any blown 4valve with a stock longblock.

Yeah it blows, I was gonna keep it forever, but things happen for a reason, I will buy another one someday, or at least build a notch or something with a terminator motor so I can have that power and blower whine again except in a MUCH lighter car :banana:

Qwk GT

Established Member
Congrats. But did you tell the dealership about the low compression.... Probably not I'm assuming.

Sucks if you didnt because whoever buys it is going to have a crap motor and a bunch of headaches. Sorry, but I think thats kind of shitty.

JMO.

Last edited:

dizzygoat

Established Member
any particular parts (stock) the car needs? I bought a GTO brand new in late 2005 and kept it until earlier this year, so i have ALOT of random spare stock parts.
I also have a few aftermarket things that i was able to take off before the sale.
The stock stuff i will most likely give away, if you pay shipping.

I have a set of CCW wheels, and full red interior/seats. I will get a full list of the things for sale if you are interested.

if interested send me a pm!

dizzygoat

Established Member

Really, how??? My cammed and blown goat didn't give me any problems the whole time i owned it, and last i checked the new/current owner is having the same luck.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Sounds like a good trade to me - this is my fear in possibly buying another Terminator. I don't want one that has been beat to hell....... it's why I'm looking DEEP into the dark side @ used 1 owner Merc TTV12's:rockon: ..... I mean who beats on a 120k+ car?

Either way OP- nice car and nice upgrade. Now MOD that goat!!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Sucks to hear you got a sour apple. Gto's are nice cars but i could never sell my cobra for one. I think the gto's are nice for a dd.

Users who are viewing this thread