Welding in Cobra subframe connectors. Labor cost?

TheDoughboy

Established Member
Just a poll to see what others have paid welding shop in labor to weld a set in. The "street price" no friend or buddy deals. I would like to know what the labor range is for joe blow like me. I'm getting ordering black Maximum Motorsports XL Series Full Length Subframe Connectors for my 96 Cobra.

Ron

SpittingCobra

Established Member
I paid my exhaust shop to do it. He MIG welded in up in about an hour. I think he charged about $90. Can't remember exactly but I remember is was less than $100. 4x4 shop quoted me $600 first and my heart sank. Then I realized the muffler guys mig all day long and I was right it was no problem for them to take care of it, and affordable.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Same for me think i paid 120 at the exhaust shop

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Should I get the unpainted ones to make the job easier?

Noooo!! It takes two seconds with a flap wheel to take the paint off tabs to weld. It's enough trouble to paint the welds let alone the entire rail. You get a much more durable finish with the melted plastic of the powder coating than with anything you could spray under there..

arayray

Established Member
I'm the opposite. I welded mine in, then papered everything off to not get over spray everywhere and painted them myself.

MysticChaos

Established Member
Just a poll to see what others have paid welding shop in labor to weld a set in. The "street price" no friend or buddy deals. I would like to know what the labor range is for joe blow like me. I'm getting ordering black Maximum Motorsports XL Series Full Length Subframe Connectors for my 96 Cobra.

Ron
If I remember correctly (it's a been a while since I checked) I was quoted around $700 by the guys down in Lake City.

Helomech74

Established Member
I charge 85 bucks an hour labor and it usually takes me anywhere from 1 to 3 hours depending on any prep work that needs to be done. Also make sure that the car is on a drive on lift, or at least the wheels sitting on blocks to load the suspension and frame before welding.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just realized this is the SN95 section, close enough. Lol
035_zps8b50f677.jpg

034_zps3b678529.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread