Weld RTS Lugs?

pickles

Established Member
I've got Weld RTS wheels on order but I'm not sure which lugs to go with. Are the Weld lugs as bad as the racestar lug nuts? Should I instead get the McGard set?

Thoughts/Opinions? I don't wanna have to buy another set if one or the other is junk.

Jdm351

Established Member
I had no issues with my weld lug nuts. One of the reasons I sprung for weld RTS wheels was I had nightmare experience with those long shank lugs. They are a pain. Welds only use .5" long shank versus the 1+" on the race stars.

_Snake_

Established Member
Good to know, thanks!. Wish the McGards were available in packs of 5 instead of 4, but I guess it doesn't hurt to have a few spares.

Lol

Buy five packs. It's the same as buying 4 packs of 5 lugs/package.

Last edited:

stangn

Established Member
I got stainless acorn from a boat trailer shop. Been on for over a year and still look new. Don't forget the anti seize on the treads if using stainless.

lindermant

Established Member
weld lugs suck - this is how a few of them looked when I pulled them (new) out of the package. Get the mcgard shank lugs and press on.

174BA8A1-059D-41A4-847D-0C2F6662CD98_zps5hxklurc.gif

NJ302PONY

Established Member
Had the racestars and they sucked. Got the McGards yesterday and even the weight of them is a huge difference. By the McGards you won't be disappointed

Big Q

Established Member
Could someone please give me the correct part numbers for the Mcgards that I will need for the 15" and 17" Weld RTS wheels in black?

Users who are viewing this thread