Weird whistling noise

svtgeorge

Established Member
Like title says theres a weird whistling sound coming from the front of the car. Its a 99 cobra with a fresh rebuild only 1100 on motor. Does not happen at idle, rpm does not affect it, clutch in clutch out doesnt affect it, and its not constant fades in and out sometimes will be screaming sometimes there will be no sound at all. Any help on what it could be? Thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
With the car sitting, can you hear the whistling at various RPMs, or do you only hear it when the car is moving?

FIREBALL

Established Member
I had a bmw z3 and they where known for a high pitch whistle at higher speeds, It turns out it was caused by air rushing by and lifting up part of the windshield seal in one corner. Mine did this sometimes above 70 mph. It came and went depending on if there was a cross wind, sometimes it was there sometimes not. The fix for it was silicone sealer squeezed under the the seal. It was always hard to tell where it was coming from, it seemed to come from different directions but it turned out to be the upper right corner. After all this being said I have no idea if this has been a problem on mustangs----mine doesnt do it.

Users who are viewing this thread