weird thing that I noticed the other day...

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
I was driving the cobra and as I was stopped at a light, I noticed that my hood was sitting just slightly lower than the driver's side fender. So I pull off into a gas station and sure enough I have a slight lip and I also noticed that there is a bit of a spacing issue (width from hood to fender) as well. The passenger side is not like this at all and I have had the car for a year now and just noticed it...any suggestions on what it could be or where I could take it to get it fixed???

Thanks

MLMike25

Established Member
Yeah, I got the same thing on my driver's side. Anyone out there got any suggestions?

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
you can raise it up by turning the stops to make them higher. I did it, but it takes a couple times opening and slamming the hood.

Mine is pretty even now, however it seems harder to pop and close the hood..

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Like mentioned above... You can raise and lower the corners of the hood by adjusting the rubber screw things on either side of the hood to get it just right.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine did that and I had to adjust the stops. Worked for me.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I had to do this on day 1 when I got my car home brand new

Ford :nonono:

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
I appreciate the input, I was just worried that it might have been a frame issue of some sort. I will try to adjust the stoppers.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
the fender you should be able to push in if you loosen the bolts in the eng bay to correct the gap from fender to hood, make sure it stays even

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Another question for yall, I also measured from the ground to the bottom of the wheel wells both front and rear and there was a 1/2 inch difference from the driver's side and passenger side with the drivers side being lower than the passenger side. Anything to be concerned with or are these things just normal??

lilb_svt

Established Member
Yeah mines also uneven but my passenger side is lower. Also my hood is closer to the fender on my driver side then it is on the passenger side. I f***ing hate how i have to slam the shit out of my hood to close it.

Users who are viewing this thread