Weird problem I have....anyone else?

SicShelby09

Banned
Ok so I know Im nitpicking a little. When the windows are down and I hit a small bump at slow speeds, either driver or pass. door will rattle. It rattles like its not closed all the way. As in when the door is closed, but there is some give to it to wiggle if you are standing outside and you push on the door. Is there some sort of adjustment to it that will make it close more firm? The hood has those rubber stoppers that you can back out, and it will make the hood close more sturdy, but it takes a little more force to close it then. Anyone else have this or know how to adjust it?? Its annoying, and my GT500 didnt do this. I was going to take it to the dealer, but now that I have mods, I am worried about them tagging my vin.

SicShelby09

Banned
Any idea how to get this accomplished. I looked at the spot on the car where the door closes to, and there doesnt seem to be any forward or backward adjustment to it.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
My 11 did this, but only over weird camper gutters and such. Same exact thing.

I think if you adjusted the door latches inward just a bit it would help. My 12 does not do this, but the doors also are a bit harder to shut as well than on my 11.

SicShelby09

Banned
My 11 did this, but only over weird camper gutters and such. Same exact thing.

I think if you adjusted the door latches inward just a bit it would help. My 12 does not do this, but the doors also are a bit harder to shut as well than on my 11.

Thats what I figured the outcome would be. But Im ok with that. The rattles bother the crap out of me. On the other hand, I have no problem with closing the door a tad harder to get it to latch. Other than this little issue, my car is good so far. Its got a hard summer of track days coming up, so I hope this stays as my only issue....

SicShelby09

Banned
I called my local dealer, and he said there is a very minor adjustment to the "striker" on the inside frame of the car where the door latches to. Just loosen the torx bolts and push it back. He said I could do it, but it would be better if I dropped it by and let the tech do it. I agree. I'd rather them f it up so they can get it right vs me fing it up and having to pay to get it right....lol

faztcobra

Established Member
I don't have a problem with my doors, but my trunk lid is a bit hard to close. I have to be very forceful with it to get it to shut. Forceful to the point where I have some hairline scratches on the bumper from the trunk lid because I had to close it so hard. Anyone know how to adjust that?

Users who are viewing this thread