Weird pounding noise in ear???

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
Well, during school today i noticed this wierd pounding noise in the left ear, like a heartbeat. I have been kinda sick recently, congested nose and all, and was wondering if maybe this was why. It went away about 2 hours later, after i fell asleep at home. So it was gone when i woke up. Is this common? Is it bad. When it happened, i heard about 4-7 beats at a time, in groups about 10 seconds apart.
It was friggen annoying.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I think I know what you're talking about. I've had stuff like that when I was sick, and it was accompanied by a difficulty hearing also like there was something covering my ear. Go to a doctor and get em to check inside your ears. Mine were full of wax. As gross as it sounds, as soon as they clean it out, it sounds like God just turned up the volume. Watch out though because they scrape that shit out and it is the most god awful paid I've ever felt. Good luck...

SteveChris

Established Member
last time i had that was after a crap load of coffee at work cause of only 2-3 hours of sleep. so i took some energy pills and one fo those fat burning pills, x something. then went to the gym. halfway through the workout i felt my heart in my ear too

SteveChris

Established Member
sunburned said:
I think I know what you're talking about. I've had stuff like that when I was sick, and it was accompanied by a difficulty hearing also like there was something covering my ear. Go to a doctor and get em to check inside your ears. Mine were full of wax. As gross as it sounds, as soon as they clean it out, it sounds like God just turned up the volume. Watch out though because they scrape that shit out and it is the most god awful paid I've ever felt. Good luck...
umm lol they have this new invention out now..its called a Q-Tip, couple of bucks buys you a 2 year supply of them. i can't go a day without using them my ears feel like theyre full of water when i get out of the shower

theyre easy to use. just insert and twist
dont go too far, you'll know if you did because you'll hear a loud popping sound followed by nothing ever again for the rest of your life

Last edited:

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
McFly said:
Well, during school today i noticed this wierd pounding noise in the left ear, like a heartbeat. I have been kinda sick recently, congested nose and all, and was wondering if maybe this was why. It went away about 2 hours later, after i fell asleep at home. So it was gone when i woke up. Is this common? Is it bad. When it happened, i heard about 4-7 beats at a time, in groups about 10 seconds apart.
It was friggen annoying.

Congestion in your eustachian tubes ... you're fine. :beer:

Same thing happens when you lay you head on the pillow at night and hear your heartbeat.

Take a decongestant + multi-vitamin and get lots of sleep. Hope you feel better

frankin

Established Member
SteveChris said:
umm lol they have this new invention out now..its called a Q-Tip, couple of bucks buys you a 2 year supply of them. i can't go a day without using them my ears feel like theyre full of water when i get out of the shower

dont go too far, you'll know if you did because you'll hear a loud popping sound followed by nothing ever again for the rest of your life

Bad idea. Q-tips only push the crap further into your ear. If anything there is an ear flush you can get over the counter at your local drug store.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
DaleM said:
A spider trapped in the ear wax?

Oooooh. That gave me chills you ass hat.

I get the pounding thing everyonce in a while. I usually put my hand on my chest to see if it keeps pace and what not. It usually doesn't. Should I be worried.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
See your doctor and have it checked out. I had something similar, and it took a course of Prednisone to reduce inflammation - that put an end to it. My doctor said that ignoring it could have led to permanent hearing damage.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
harry gilbert said:
See your doctor and have it checked out. I had something similar, and it took a course of Prednisone to reduce inflammation - that put an end to it. My doctor said that ignoring it could have led to permanent hearing damage.

Prednisone is nasty shiat if you take it for extended periods of time. Just a warning :thumbsup:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
ford_racer said:
Oooooh. That gave me chills you ass hat.

I get the pounding thing everyonce in a while. I usually put my hand on my chest to see if it keeps pace and what not. It usually doesn't. Should I be worried.

One thing....STDs! :poke:

highstick44

Established Member
SteveChris said:

My doctor tells me not to put anything in my ear smaller than my elbow. Hence nothing goes in there.

svtcontour

Established Member
frankin said:
Bad idea. Q-tips only push the crap further into your ear. If anything there is an ear flush you can get over the counter at your local drug store.

I use a Q-tip every day and I went for a hearing test (out of curiosity) and the doctor said I have very clean ears - no wax...so obviously it cant be all bad. I think you gotta start with clean ears first and just maintain it with a Q-tip.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
wals9331 said:
Prednisone is nasty shiat if you take it for extended periods of time. Just a warning :thumbsup:

That's why it's a prescription drug, and I took it under a doctor's direction. I was not advocating that anyone just self-medicate.

Daz97Roush

TruckSlut
Established Member
wals9331 said:
I take Prednisone drops for my eye (Iristis/Uveitis) ..seems that medication is prescribed for everything.

MODDED97GT

Established Member
My mother in-law had a tiny spider living in her ear and the Doc reomoved it. She said she could hear weird pounding sounds.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
MODDED97GT said:
My mother in-law had a tiny spider living in her ear and the Doc reomoved it. She said she could hear weird pounding sounds.

:uh oh: :uh oh: :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread