Weight reduction

ESVEETEE

Established Member
I've already deleted the resonator on my car. Are there any other free/cheap weight reduction opportunities that don't ruin the comfort of the car?

thehunterooo

Established Member
Back seat if you don't need it, outside of that just the normal things like a lighter battery, lighter wheels like roh92cp suggested and such. The sound tube is just over a pound as well so I would take it out anyways.

Nice car btw, we pretty much have the same specs!

DivineStrike

Established Member
Aside from removing stuff, weight reduction is never cheap lol. 19x10 or less flow forged Wheels, two piece rotors, Catback and CF drive shaft will drop your weight about 115lbs. The cheapest weight reduction you can do is removing rear seats and swapping your Drivers and Passenger seat for some Corbeau's. That will drop ya another 100lbs or so, maybe more.

My GTPP Premium Redline weighed 3810 stock with full tank no weight reduction.

Last edited:

roki187

Established Member
3675lb with Gibson cat back, everything out the trunk, jlt intake, axles, drive shaft and shifter. On stock pp front wheels and 01 gt rear+Hoosier. 1 gal of gas

SLO-SVT

Established Member
Guys that posted weights....is this with driver? My car weighed 3755 with me and 1/4 tank last Friday. Car is 15' premium auto with axleback. I was wondering if the scale was off because this is 100 pounds lighter than my 14' auto was.

OP- I plan to remove all seats and run a Kirkey or sim at the track. Takes some effort but total will be over 100#s

DivineStrike

Established Member
Guys that posted weights....is this with driver? My car weighed 3755 with me and 1/4 tank last Friday. Car is 15' premium auto with axleback. I was wondering if the scale was off because this is 100 pounds lighter than my 14' auto was.

OP- I plan to remove all seats and run a Kirkey or sim at the track. Takes some effort but total will be over 100#s

I don't think anyone should ever include weight with a driver. Unless of course they are talking drag weight, in which it should be assumed driver is included. Any weight I give whether it's my car or another persons car will be car weight without driver. I normally try to be as specific as I can without being too long winded, which i tend to do...kinda like now haha :D, so if I don't mention it, it's probably safe to assume it's not included in the number.

Users who are viewing this thread