Weight Reduction Specifics

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
It may have been mentioned before, and I know no one has posted in here in a while but..... I am running space saver wheels with M&H 26/4.5-17 tires at the track. They wiegh 26.2 lbs a piece!!! Thats as light as most racing wheels! Just not as pretty... I have removed the black paint, and the bare (unpolished) alum. looks ok. PM me if you would like pictures. I have a total of $370 in the setup. $50 for the extra Cobra spare, and $320 in brand new bias ply front runners...

gamebred26

Established Member
what about front and rear bumper supports? i know people have had issues with the front bumper collapsing without it on on some other mustangs. but can we even remove ours with the heat exchanger there?

MVD

Established Member
what about front and rear bumper supports? i know people have had issues with the front bumper collapsing without it on on some other mustangs. but can we even remove ours with the heat exchanger there?

Yes you can remove the front bumper support and retain the HE.

Front bumper weighs like 17#, rear is over 30#.

gamebred26

Established Member
Yes you can remove the front bumper support and retain the HE.

Front bumper weighs like 17#, rear is over 30#.

anyone have any issues with the front collapsing at the track at high speed?

i did this on my evo and its and easy way to save unseen weight. they dont do anything i heard on crashes over like 20mph anyway.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.

Nice list but many of these weights are not accurate with the 03/04' Cobra.

This was going to be my next modification before I sold the Cobra. Especially the front support which takes weight off the extreme front end of the car for help with weight transfer.

rudycobra

Established Member
I'm deff getting the front soon ! I agree the front is way too heavy . I like Lil weight in rear ESP for hooking on the street .

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm deff getting the front soon ! I agree the front is way too heavy . I like Lil weight in rear ESP for hooking on the street .

Having my battery and 6 gallon IC tank in the trunk definitely helps with traction.

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
ive just recently got into shaving weight off of my cobra. im only running 1 seat which is a race seat and also have the rear speaker/amp setup out. i have a k member on the way and im planning on doing an abs delete and both front and rear bumper supports.

here are the ones im looking at

Donathen Racing

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
ive just recently got into shaving weight off of my cobra. im only running 1 seat which is a race seat and also have the rear speaker/amp setup out. i have a k member on the way and im planning on doing an abs delete and both front and rear bumper supports.

here are the ones im looking at

Donathen Racing

Where do you plan on mounting your heat exchanger with that bar?

Users who are viewing this thread