Weight Reduction List:

Gojira

Established Member
I made a list a while back...I think I shed about 185 lbs by removing some simple crap. Light weight seats are next, for about an additional 50 lbs of reduction.

I'll post my list as soon as I find it...oooops...chit, my bad...I have a Terminator!!!

Still want the list???

:beer:

Later...Dave

Yeah I'm curious as to what you pulled out to drop 185lbs. Might be some similiar things us Shelby owners can do.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Any updates from anyone? someone must have weighed a hood by now!

Has anyone weighed there actual car yet? I'm wondering how accurate the 3,920 Lbs edmunds lists is with the shaker 1000 and a full tank or what?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Axle weights? Where, why needed, and how to remove them? Pics?

Axle weights are simply NVH absorbers and they are rusty iron weights bolted to your rear axle. Real easy to find/take off.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the steel shot filled OEM panhard bar. That sumbitch is heavy. I replaced it with a MM unit. I'm sure I could have done my own for about half the cost! :rollseyes

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Axle weights are simply NVH absorbers and they are rusty iron weights bolted to your rear axle. Real easy to find/take off.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the steel shot filled OEM panhard bar. That sumbitch is heavy. I replaced it with a MM unit. I'm sure I could have done my own for about half the cost! :rollseyes

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Thanks for the response. On the panhard, what's an MM unit?

homel01

Established Member
BMR lower control arms
JLT intake, has to be at least 2 pounds less than the factory airbox
trunk carpet and tire repair thing

Blaine

Established Member
lmao I am on a diet damnit. Being 375 does slow the car down some :)

:p that is true.. you would think you would see some small little guy in these GT500's trying to break the 1/4 mile records. 100lbs off the Belly is an increase in 1/4 mile times.:pop:

MrRob96fs

U like them spinnin tires
Established Member
I weighed my 2009 stocker, Shaker 500 w/ navigation system and Magnaflow magnapak catback system was 3900 lbs with a full tank. Yeah these things need to go on a diet. :)

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
sounds like the weight reduction can come from alot of the same places as on the terminators. Just seems to be more expensive for 500's.

Tubular front end (k mem, a arms)
iron to alum. block
seats
brakes
wheels
trunk fillings (carpet, spare, jeck, etc)
battery
front swaybar

Thats as far as I would go in a DD/street car. You can loose a few hundred pounds this way and not notice a difference in they way it drives exept for the front swaybar.

Brian Z.

Established Member
I'd like to know if anyone has a tubular k-member on their street driven GT500? I put a tubular k-member on my '94 Cobra years ago and hated it for street driving. Every pothole or imperfection in the road was magnified 20x with the tubular k-member. A friend of mine warned me against a tubular k-member for a street car for that very reason but I ignored him and wished I hadn't.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I'd like to know if anyone has a tubular k-member on their street driven GT500? I put a tubular k-member on my '94 Cobra years ago and hated it for street driving. Every pothole or imperfection in the road was magnified 20x with the tubular k-member. A friend of mine warned me against a tubular k-member for a street car for that very reason but I ignored him and wished I hadn't.

I don't know of anyone who has one for a street driven car, but for weight reduction reasons I don't think I would risk using one to save 12lbs.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Thank you,

Anyone know the stock specs? Cold cranking amps?

Your welcome, Cold cranking amps 590. What else do you need to know overall size? I have mine sitting in the basement and just thought to look at it.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Yeah that one is a more than I would want to spend on a battery I like this one alittle more and it is only 1 lb more and little better for street use too. If you look at the applications section on the two of them this one seems alttle better for street/racing use IMO.
Braille Battery USA - B2317

Users who are viewing this thread