Weight of GT350R 3650lbs -Ford

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
The new z28 will be so fast GM will only have to discount half of its production vs all of it to sell units. For the first two weeks anyways.

Speaking of, I'm very curious about where GM is going to go with an engine for that car. They didn't seem to have luck with or want to go to the trouble making an LS7 replacement. The LT1 would get obliterated by the Voodoo, the LT4 isn't an endurance engine, and there's no way IMO that GM is going to build a Z28 specific engine. I wonder if they're even going to try to build another Z28. It seems questionable.

I'm not trying to derail. I'll start a new thread if this goes anywhere.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You said the next z28 will be lighter and you have nothing but bad things to say about the new GT350. I assumed you did not want one.

Not sure what posts of mine you're reading! Making general observations in no way equates to having "nothing but bad things to say about the new GT350." :dw: I guess you've missed my million other posts where I've exuberantly expressed how I can't wait to get a GT350R. :shrug: I LOVE Mustangs, but I'm not a big enough fanboy to remotely suggest than any Mustang is without reproach, including my personal Mustangs or Mustangs I intend to buy.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
I am waiting for the day Ford Motorsports offers the GT350 FPC engine . The engine put into my 1991 Mustang LX would make for a real hairy beast . I can envision others putting the FPC engine and the light weight GT350 trans in their Fox bodied Mustangs. Fun times are ahead.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Not sure what posts of mine you're reading! Making general observations in no way equates to having "nothing but bad things to say about the new GT350." :dw: I guess you've missed my million other posts where I've exuberantly expressed how I can't wait to get a GT350R. :shrug: I LOVE Mustangs, but I'm not a big enough fanboy to remotely suggest than any Mustang is without reproach, including my personal Mustangs or Mustangs I intend to buy.
Its negative this and negative that, very much like a lot of others on here who want something that really is not feasible to build and still make a profit. Never mind it held its own with the $140k DC Porsche GT3!
You dont like:
The weight
The suspension
The tranny
The engine sound
The dealer allocations

Lemers

Established Member
Its negative this and negative that, very much like a lot of others on here who want something that really is not feasible to build and still make a profit. Never mind it held its own with the $140k DC Porsche GT3!
You dont like:
The weight
The suspension
The tranny
The engine sound
The dealer allocations

Now that I've got mine ordered for less than MSRP; I don't mind the dealer allocations.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You dont like:
The weight
The suspension
The tranny
The engine sound
The dealer allocations

You're smoking something. Where the hell have I said I don't like the car based on any of what you listed??????

"I hoped it would be lighter" does not equal "I don't like the car."
"I'd prefer a traditional suspension" does not equal "I don't like the car."
I don't know where the hell you got that I complained about the transmission.
"I don't like the exhaust note" does not equal "I don't like the car."
"I hate having to jump through hoops" does not equal "I don't like the car."

Your correlation process is way the hell off in left field. Like RKO, "OUT OF NOWHERE!"

Voltwings

Established Member
Speaking of, I'm very curious about where GM is going to go with an engine for that car. They didn't seem to have luck with or want to go to the trouble making an LS7 replacement. The LT1 would get obliterated by the Voodoo, the LT4 isn't an endurance engine, and there's no way IMO that GM is going to build a Z28 specific engine. I wonder if they're even going to try to build another Z28. It seems questionable.

I'm not trying to derail. I'll start a new thread if this goes anywhere.

I think the Z28 was a one time thing. I feel like Chevy had a lot of parts bin stuff laying around at the end of a chassis generation and just wanted to give the platform a last hoorah - similar to the 13/14 GT500. You're right though, not sure what engine it could get to be worth it. It would have to be a worked up LT1, kinda like the LS1 / LS6 engines because i don't feel you could stuff a CURRENT z06 engine in there (the LS7 was the outgoing engine when the LT4 came out) and not poach some sales. It would be a completely hypothetical thread, but a "what will chevy do to compete with the 350(R)" is an interesting conversation to have.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
You're smoking something. Where the hell have I said I don't like the car based on any of what you listed??????

"I hoped it would be lighter" does not equal "I don't like the car."
"I'd prefer a traditional suspension" does not equal "I don't like the car."
I don't know where the hell you got that I complained about the transmission.
"I don't like the exhaust note" does not equal "I don't like the car."
"I hate having to jump through hoops" does not equal "I don't like the car."

Your correlation process is way the hell off in left field. Like RKO, "OUT OF NOWHERE!"

You should know by now that anything other than absolute 100% doting praise means you are a bitter poor person who simply cannot afford the car.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Until CF gets more mainstream, you're starting to get into that dangerous zone of pricing yourself out of the segment. Like Austin said, I think they played the GT350 smartly. The Z28 is a very good road racer, yet they can't sell them at $75,000. They have to keep dropping the price to incentivize buyers.

If people can avoid the ADMs, you're looking at getting into a faster, lighter, more comfortable car than the Z28 for $15,000 less, or even $10,000 less with nav and AC. They're dead even with a 911 GT3 for $60,000. A 911 GT3 starts at $130,000+!! The GT350R is a steal for $60-65K.

View attachment 47609

If you can a ford the GT3 then go for it, its 500 lb's lighter as well, even has rear steer its just a monster of engineering with years of refinement modifying the platform. Can't compare the two, they are so very different. The base 991 is a refined tool while the new gt's are an ok stamped ford product, while the GT350 has a stronger motor with heavier duty bushings to make the suspensions tighter and throw some GM suspension in there too LOL. Agree on the dollar per performance, ford is great for making a fun beast.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You should know by now that anything other than absolute 100% doting praise means you are a bitter poor person who simply cannot afford the car.

He's certainly making it seem that way! Jeez! Apparently any response/reaction other than "Ohz my god! I wanna jizz my pants over every aspect of this car!!!" means you don't like the car at all. :??:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
He's certainly making it seem that way! Jeez! Apparently any response/reaction other than "Ohz my god! I wanna jizz my pants over every aspect of this car!!!" means you don't like the car at all. :??:
I think it's interesting that someone who criticizes this vehicle at every chance would be inclined to pay 50k+ for something they don't want.

You don't have to like the car, you could hate this car(from your numerous post I put you somewhere in the middle) it makes no difference to me. Since you don't like the why do you still want one?

It be like me saying I'm buying a c7z after I tell everyone it's no better than a c6z which I do constantly!

Lemers

Established Member
Not sure about all the fighting over this car. It is what it is and you either find value in the car or don't.

It can't be everything to everyone. Choices had to be made, price points had to be achieved.

I believe that in its price range (under $60k) you would be hard pressed to find a car that will provide the same performance.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I think it's interesting that someone who criticizes this vehicle at every chance would be inclined to pay 50k+ for something they don't want.

You don't have to like the car, you could hate this car(from your numerous post I put you somewhere in the middle) it makes no difference to me. Since you don't like the why do you still want one?

It be like me saying I'm buying a c7z after I tell everyone it's no better than a c6z which I do constantly!

When/where have I said "it's no better than" anything?? I think you're being super-, mega-, hypersensitive over the car. (Or you don't know who's saying what because I sure as hell haven't been saying or implying any of what you're claiming I did.) Were you part of the design team or something?? Jeez! Like I said, it seems with you that people have to either be deep throating the car's tailpipe or they "don't like the car." What crawled up your butt? :shrug: Not one time have I said I don't like the car!

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I don't hate anything about the car - I just hate that I can't get one (an "R") :( I suppose if I was willing to write the ADM I'd find one - but I can afford the vehicle, just won't pay the ADM on principal.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
He was speaking about me.

No cigar has long believed rich corp should build cars tech and performance that people want and sell it to them for the cost of an 80's 5.0. Mustang priced above 16k crazy!

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
He was speaking about me.

No cigar has long believed rich corp should build cars tech and performance that people want and sell it to them for the cost of an 80's 5.0. Mustang priced above 16k crazy!

Well - not defending anyone - but I was rather in the same camp. Then I did some basic math. Took the price of an 88 GT and the minimum wage in 88, and the price of a '15 GT and the current minimum wage - and you'd have to work less than an additional week's worth of hours now to get the car. A car that is by far and away better than an 88 GT.....

Users who are viewing this thread