Weekend Car??

03kobra

Established Member
Im debating using my stang for a daily driver or strictly a weekend car. Anyone else have this sort of setup? Do you find it difficult to wake up for work and get into the other POS when your cobra is sitting next to it. I just dont want to buy this toyota corolla for 700 if I will end up driving the stang anyways.

BlKvNm

Established Member
It's all up to you amigo. I drive an Explorer Sport every day to work and hate doing so. I work 35 miles away...one way. I don't want 35k miles a year on my 35k vehicle so I choose to be miserable.

peace and hair grease

Mick

I can only take so much I'm guessing...then I will have to drive it at least twice a month:loser:

wife's vert / my cobra

Last edited:

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I am in the same situation, but my situation is a little different since I live in Maryland. I have to consider the snow and salt on the roads that comes with it. Not only do I not want salt on my car, I need something to drive when we get two feet of snow like we did this year. I am still debating where I'm going to go for the KB blower or buy my friends VW Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8 Turbo. It has a lot of pick up for a four banger and good gas mileage. If you can afford it then get a car with some pep and some good handling. My first car was a Corolla and 95 HP wasn't cutting it. I like you am also worried about getting depressed when driving my daily, but if I can get a fun car that handles nice, then maybe I won't feel it as much. Considering my previous daily driver was my old 1995 GT convertible, I'm sure nothing will measure up.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
When I get mine it will be my only vehicle. I am 19 and in college so I can't afford to have more than one vehicle. Do any problems come up from using a Cobra as an everyday car?

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
I drive about 6 mi each way to work . . . I take the cobra. Love it love it love it love it live it.

:beer:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I drive my Cobra to work during the week. During the weekends, when I playing chouffer to the family, I drive my '01 SuperCrew. Not that it's any better on gas but the legroom is appreciated.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Sid297, you shouldn't have any problems with drivng your Cobra as a daily. It's just us folks who are anal about our Cobra's that don't want to drive it everyday. I want to avoid the dings and scratches that go along with using it as a daily driver. I also want to keep the miles on the car low so that it will retain more value. I had 140,000 miles on my 1995 GT when I sold it and I'm sure it would have run another 140,000 miles, but I needed a more fuel effecient and snow friendly daily driver.

Last edited:

Video

Established Member
I drive mine when I can.....I have a second car (SUV) that I drive in the snow and rain.....The Cobra is a treat for me, but I admit I'm a little anal about its appearence and I try to keep the miles down. I love takin' it out and toolin' around and havin fun, but when it comes to driven from point A to B in other than fair weather....I drive the SUV.....

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I've driven my Cobra to work 99% of the time since getting it last June. Honestly, I don't know how you folks leave it at home. It must take incredible will power.

I've had to drive my 99 GT all week since I broke the half-shaft Saturday and it's making me crazy! The steering wheel isn't thick enough, the seats suck, takes forever to accelerate, takes even longer to stop and it's missing a gear.
To think I used to love this car. ;-)

Dude...drive the Cobra if you can. You're gonna really hate the beater.

97whitevert

Established Member
I take the cobra a couple of times a week to work, i too LOVE IT, but dont' want the scratches, dings, miles on the car... the thought was to use it as a daily, but that ain't happenin' yet
:beer:

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I bought mine to drive, not to park and look at it.

jrh99

Established Member
I've got a PU truck as a daily driver. It's nice keeping the miles low on a car that may hold it's value pretty well.
But man it's tough, the urge to take it out for a spin never goes away.... NEVER.

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
DRIVE IT! driveing my other car sucks now! No other cars that I have driven fit me as well as this one. Of course I am finding out that I am the perfect model for the mustang ergonomics, 5' 9" 142 lbs with clothes and boots on and I have monkey arms! I am so light, the car thinks that it is remote controlled! I am putting alot of miles on it but screw it, when the engine dies, I will put another one in.

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Oh yeah, I had to take mine into the dealer to get the fog lights replaced, and my loaner was a tarus. Good God! Everything about that car is squishy, especially the throttle! It's like stepping on a turd!

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
I drive 100 miles round trip to work everyday so the POS 92 Taurus is the beater. Yes, the throttle has extra squish, but most of the time the peddal is pushed to the floor. It drives me nuts, but the ride is nicer thant the Cobra for the long haul.The Cobra is the weekend car because I just don't want to rack the miles on it so it stays nice longer. Super at $2.39 would take me to the poor house also. But every once in a while i say screw it and hot rod it to work. My .02

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
My commuter is a 2000 F150 4x4 with a 5.4 and a auto. Great for seeing over traffic on the hwy, and I put in a nice stereo for the ride. I can't justify putting 50+ miles a day on the Cobra on the highway in bumper to bumper when the truck does it just as good. The Cobra gets the weekend and nighttime miles.

Users who are viewing this thread