Wedding bands

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Tungsten Carbide here as well, takes anything you can throw at it, people always ask me how often I clean it, as it has no scratches and looks brand new. I have put the ring through hell (working in power plants, working on my car, skiing etc) it still looks perfect and I havent cleaned it from day one.

you get used to the weight of it as well, hand felt naked and still does without it. god help you if you get your hand stuck anywhere lol

ShadowGT

Established Member
you get used to the weight of it as well, hand felt naked and still does without it. god help you if you get your hand stuck anywhere lol

+1 I was just gonna say, it feels naked without it. I was told when I got it to just remember you will get your finger back with the ring on it lol.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
+1 I was just gonna say, it feels naked without it. I was told when I got it to just remember you will get your finger back with the ring on it lol.

hurts too, wife and i would bump knuckles once in a while doing whatever randomly and you'd hear "oww" on both ends screw polishing, nothing like water and a towel to make it look new.

hb712

Established Member
Another tungsten, here. Like everyone else, I've put mine through hell, but it still looks the same as the day I bought it. IIRC, it only cost ~$120.

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
I'm getting married in October and the band I picked out is also Tungsten! What sold me on it was my fiances friend that works at the jewlery store we use took the ring and drug it across carpet, wood, beat it on anything she could think of, took two idenical rings and rubbed them together hard, and they NEVER scratched once!

I have $380 in mine, but also has a lifetime replacement with it. If my fingers ever shrink or swell, I send it in and they send me a brand new one, no questions asked. Also the same if it gets damaged.

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
Nevermind my dry ass hands, as I had been working outside in the cold all day before we went in to pick out/buy this band. This is the one I described in the post above. I will get to officially start wearing it 10-11-13!!

image_zpse0f9c275.jpg

Nightshift

Established Member
Broke my tungsten ring while drying my hands, slipped off and hit a tile floor. Jeweler replaced it for free with a nicer one so be careful. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it's great that people are now going beyond the traditional gold wedding bands. There are SO many design choices now. I like that one, KSSTANG.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'm not one for jewelry at all. Only wear a watch.
If and when I get married, I'm going to get a tattoo of the ring.

This will be in the center (never ending celtic knot - eternity):
w-celtic-ew7-eternal_knot_lg.jpg

This will border it (polynesian band):
51y5zBM-kvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is white gold in a hammered finish. Still looks new, and I've yet to see one like it.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
I had a titanium ring, it was great, but after losing 85lbs it doesn't fit anymore and can't be resized. I got a pretty good deal on it at the time, but after seeing this thread I just ordered a tungsten carbide ring off of ebay, thanks!

Went with a black ring this time, my titanium ring was the same style, but in a matte silver finish with polished beveled edges.

TG0006jpg400_zpsf9b7895a.jpg

97cobraconvert

Established Member
I have a unique view on wedding rings. I'm a machinist by trade. By far get what you want. But if you want something thats going to last get Carbide or Titanium.
I perfer carbide over titanium. You use carbide to cut titanium. With carbide you can not have it resized. The only thing that can cut carbide is diamonds. Get sized locally. Then buy from Amazon. Mine was $30.00 with shipping. Oh the carbide rings generally run a half of size big. We ordered a size 13 which is what normally ware, but sent it back for a 12.5. Locally the stores wanted $400.00-$600.00 for the same ring. Trust me carbide is carbide, no matter what grade it is. It should be heavy and almost impossible to scratch. But if your car falls on your hand, the ring will shatter. So hard it want bend, it just cracks and shatters. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread