Weapon x coil packs?

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Guy at the track swears by them adding more mph to him trap. (Maybe 3?) On a 14 gt500 he has em on. Anyones thoughts on em? See a ton of 03 cobra guy selling theirs on here about all I can read which is why I made this post.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Not totally sure for 13-14 shelby’s but i tried them on my 01 cobra when i went FI. Caused nothing but issues. Surging and misfires. Went back to oem. I have heard from a few guys with 99-01 cobras and 03-04 cobras that they are a headache as well. Ill stick to oem/FR myself. Hopefully someone chimes in who has used them on a 13-14

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dusten

Established Member
I went to weapon x on my lightning at my tuners recommendation. He only runs them on high hp ethanol builds. They're kind of a pain in the ass to install.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
They may add a slight power gain, but all of these aftermarket COPs are ridiculously expensive and notoriously unreliable. They tend to fail when they reach the warranty period. Not worth the time and effort. I had a set on my supercharged F-150. Never again.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
They may add a slight power gain, but all of these aftermarket COPs are ridiculously expensive and notoriously unreliable. They tend to fail when they reach the warranty period. Not worth the time and effort. I had a set on my supercharged F-150. Never again.
Perfect. Ty!

Users who are viewing this thread