We should all own one of these!!!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
doesnt the ethanol you use in the car have to be 15 % gasoline? you wouldnt just be able to pump this straight into your e85 car would you?
You could cut it with whatever amount of gasoline you wanted to. Just adjust the tune accordingly.

SSeatr

Established Member
just do the math to get the ethanol value you want, then pump the ethanol and the gas separately it will mix..

it is kind've pricey up front $10k for the pump and then you would want extra tanks i believe are $2000. i think the pump by itself will make 35 gallon batches but it takes a few days per batch.

defiantly worth it if you own a few new cars.

i have been asking family members to kick the idea around and all go in on one.

be nice to get the generator too, not sure how efficient or loud it is.

Last edited:

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Ok, after looking into this more. While it is 10k for the unit, In many cases businesses may qualify for a federal tax credit of up to 50%.

Also, you can't sell it to anyone because its the same as selling alcohol. Which the ATF frowns upon unless you have the proper licensing.

Also note that there is a regulator on the unit, where you will have to pay taxes for every gallon you use. Because there is a significant portion of gas prices are going to taxes, it will be the same for this. But even if you only pay $.60-1.00 to make it, then another $1 or so for taxes. It is still totally worth it.
If you buy one, you need the yearly subscription to their global network for 10 bucks a month or 100 for the year.
"The EGN maintains a communications link with all MicroFuelers worldwide, 24x7, checking vital statistics, operating norms, as well as billing and reporting for customers."

I'm seriously considering a unit like this.

SSeatr

Established Member
Ok, after looking into this more. While it is 10k for the unit, In many cases businesses may qualify for a federal tax credit of up to 50%.

Also, you can't sell it to anyone because its the same as selling alcohol. Which the ATF frowns upon unless you have the proper licensing.

Also note that there is a regulator on the unit, where you will have to pay taxes for every gallon you use. Because there is a significant portion of gas prices are going to taxes, it will be the same for this. But even if you only pay $.60-1.00 to make it, then another $1 or so for taxes. It is still totally worth it.
If you buy one, you need the yearly subscription to their global network for 10 bucks a month or 100 for the year.
"The EGN maintains a communications link with all MicroFuelers worldwide, 24x7, checking vital statistics, operating norms, as well as billing and reporting for customers."

I'm seriously considering a unit like this.

so if you buy this and make fuel for your own car then you can still be taxed?
something doesnt sound right with this...oil companies dont have to pay taxes or abide by federal rules and regulations but if you make your own you have to go by the book...hmmmm am i missing something here?

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
so if you buy this and make fuel for your own car then you can still be taxed?
something doesnt sound right with this...oil companies dont have to pay taxes or abide by federal rules and regulations but if you make your own you have to go by the book...hmmmm am i missing something here?

you still pay taxes with reg gas, if it costs 3.50 a gallon , maybe .50 cents are going to taxes alone

SSeatr

Established Member
if you are not selling it and making it yourself for use in the vehicle you own. i do not see how they can charge you a tax on it.

i could have sworn i read that you can get a tax credit per gallon of fuel you make for your vehicle.

here are some sites to read on the subject:

Making your own E-85

this is taken from the next link about the microfuel pump

Make Fuel at Home With Portable DIY Refinery | Autopia | Wired.com

"It’s an open question whether switching to home-brewed ethanol will save you much money. The MicroFueler costs $9,995, although federal tax credits can cut the price to $6,998. Another $16 buys you enough yeast to make about 560 gallons of ethanol, and you’ll have to pay for the sugar and water. You’ll need as many as 4 gallons of water to make 1 gallon of ethanol."

Ethanol Alcohol Distillers and Fuel Distillation Equipment : Make Ethanol at Home

middle column reads.. "Distilling your own fuel is legal, with a no-fee permit issued by the Federal Government. Not only that, but you will qualify for a 38 to 60 cent per gallon Tax Refund for every gallon you distill."

beeradd

Established Member
Reading this makes me wonder if one could engineer your HVAC and water heater to heat with ethanol and not natural gas? You could really start to save some money then.:idea:
Probably more dangerous though...

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Damn, once I get my land set up I'm definitely investing in something like this. To hell with paying for fuel ever again!

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I'm not sure how "dry" the Ethanol has to be in order to be mixed with gasoline. If there is a certain amount of water in it (not much), it will cause the gasoline to separate from the Ethanol. I looked into this machine a couple years ago and at least at that time, you couldn't get sugar cheap enough to make it for a buck a gallon. That sounds all nice and everythng until you try to actually buy it cheap. You have to buy humungous amounts of sugar. If I ever made it, I'd just make a still and then you can use all kinds of stuff to make it--not just sugar. I can guarantee if E85 ever went away and everybody and their brother had this machine, the cost of sugar would sky rocket and then you'd be stuck with it.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Woah! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check this out. Click on that link then click on "Buy it Now". Unreal They have three purchasing scenarios in order to buy it. They only price out the cheapest one. Ready? $40,000.00. Not $10K. You are required to buy a fermenting tank which isn't included in the 10K. Then you hire their instructor to come out for a week to show you how to use this "simple" device. AND, that doesn't include his air fair and lodging!!!! What a scam. Bogus deal for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread