We should all own one of these!!!

94venomV8

Established Member
10000 bucks but sooo worth it, if you could convert all your cars to E85 and make your own that is reliable you could save a ton of money quick especially if gas goes up as high as they are saying. Hell it has holding tanks on it, you could even charge people you knew a $2 a gallon and make your money back really quick!

SSeatr

Established Member
i know its definatly worth looking into...i have a relatively large family (cousins, aunts, uncles) who all drive new trucks and cars that are flex fuel capable this maybe something i might bring up to them to see if we all want to chip in.

anyone lives on long island im willing to charge $1.75 a gallon!!!! hahaha

also i read that the fed will give a tax return for every gallon that you make of ethanol. you need a fed permit but its free and takes 30 days to get. i believe the credit is $.40-.65 on the gallon

Last edited:

Drazga

Established Member
i know its definatly worth looking into...i have a relatively large family (cousins, aunts, uncles) who all drive new trucks and cars that are flex fuel capable this maybe something i might bring up to them to see if we all want to chip in.

anyone lives on long island im willing to charge $1.75 a gallon!!!! hahaha

also i read that the fed will give a tax return for every gallon that you make of ethanol. you need a fed permit but its free and takes 30 days to get. i believe the credit is $.40-.65 on the gallon

the guy in the video said it was about a dollar to make a gallon. 35-60 cents a gallon would be sick.

SSeatr

Established Member
I'll take one that can process corn into ethanol--please.

the more i read you can use whatever sugar, corn, liqour...anything

i read that you can make it out of grass clippings or mulch..not sure if this machine can? ill have to look into it..

here on long island gas is being said to go up another 35-40 cents this week alone it went up 10-15 cents last night here on long island i think we may see $5 for 93 this summer here.

and E85 this past week went from $2.97 to $3.53 in about 4 or 5 days!!!

99 GT vert

Established Member
i dont quite get how they can claim you can make it for a dollar a gallon when vodka is alot more than than do you have to add something else in with it like corn or vegetable oil???

Last edited:

Janstang

Established Member
the more i read you can use whatever sugar, corn, liqour...anything

i read that you can make it out of grass clippings or mulch..not sure if this machine can? ill have to look into it..

here on long island gas is being said to go up another 35-40 cents this week alone it went up 10-15 cents last night here on long island i think we may see $5 for 93 this summer here.

and E85 this past week went from $2.97 to $3.53 in about 4 or 5 days!!!
Ididn't really research it, but based on the video it made it sound like it needed a product that was already partially processed to complete the distillation to ethanol. With corn, or any other raw material you would think this would now add in several more steps to the refining process that this machine may/may not be capable of doing.

Teej281

Established Member
It sounded like all you needed is water, raw sugar, and ethanol yeast to make it. I think using an alcohol or other forms of raw materials may end up with a product sooner, or increase the concentration of the fuel. I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat if I could.

SSeatr

Established Member
i meant you can make ethanol out of many things, but the machine i think was just sugar, yeast, water and it mixes and ferments for a few days then produces and distills the ethanol to 99+% pure @ 35 gallons per batch.

ive read people making their own mash out of the other things and distilling it in a still they built from home depot parts but then you get 85-95% purity.

Janstang

Established Member
I'm afraid in addition to making excellent ethanol/alcohol for my car I'd also become a raging alcoholic. Is that a bad thing?:)

SSeatr

Established Member
^BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And to the post about making a still...dont you think thats somewhat illegal? lol

not at all if you file for a federal permit..its free and takes 30-45 days to get :)

from what i read its VERY easy to get the permit to distill your own ethanol, what do you think the machine is? its a still with a fuel pump attached to it. if you buy that gas pump machine you need to file for the federal permit before you can own it.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
In for info and doing some research before I make any comments. This seems to be almost too good of a deal, anyone verify the overhead/operating costs yet i.e. feedstock supplier???

Users who are viewing this thread