We may as well give up

CV355

_
Established Member
I do agree with this.

We have the ability to look up anything, almost anywhere in the world at any time. There isn't a lot of excuse unless it's super technical. The biggest downside to that is it's easy to forget how to do something knowing you can look it right back up.

I do think it's silly to make fun of people for using the resources to look something up, at least they are trying. My best friend's wife was talking about this, I guess some older ladies were talking about how their kids always use youtube to learn how to do shit and they can't figure it out on their own. That's a direct reflection of at least some lack of parenting. If your dad knew how to change a tire and never passed that on, that's a loss in my book.

PS I'm not going after you CV. Just speaking in general.

No no no, I agree with that facet of the conversation. I'm not making fun of anyone who is resourceful with information at hand. My point is against hand-holding apps and general nannyism. If it takes an app for someone to remember to wipe their own butt, we've gone too far.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Pics of bitches you're pimpin'?
This little bitch is my hardest worker. She may seem tiny, but she makes them howl.

11dogs-topbreeds-Chihuahua-master495.jpg

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Those two things don't line up.
We're always hiring due to growth. If you know at least 1 PLC platform and 1 DCS platform, shoot me a PM and we can discuss. We can teach you systems you don't know. But, up to 80% travel is a must.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
We're always hiring due to growth. If you know at least 1 PLC platform and 1 DCS platform, shoot me a PM and we can discuss. We can teach you systems you don't know. But, up to 80% travel is a must.

Toyopuc and FANUC. Am I teachable?

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Toyopuc and FANUC. Am I teachable?
Indeed! I just consulted on an ABB robotics safety controller upgrade last year and another GuardLogix for a large auto manufacturer a month ago.

We get a lot of SIS work we could easily get you sorted in.

Interested? PM me.

No, it isn't Maverick, btw. But, we started hiring their guys now that the Rockwell honeymoon is over.

And yes....

I behave just like I do here on SVTP in real life too. Think of all the fun we'll have! Destroyed hotel rooms, dead hookers, and blow.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
my 20yo step son disappoints me more and more each day, has zero interest what so ever in cars, doesn't have a clue about anything mechanical with cars, says driving is boring, and just the other day he was talking to his grandfather, the dude didn't know coolant and antifreeze are one and the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Indeed! I just consulted on an ABB robotics safety controller upgrade last year and another GuardLogix for a large auto manufacturer a month ago.

We get a lot of SIS work we could easily get you sorted in.

Interested? PM me.

No, it isn't Maverick, btw. But, we started hiring their guys now that the Rockwell honeymoon is over.

And yes....

I behave just like I do here on SVTP in real life too. Think of all the fun we'll have! Destroyed hotel rooms, dead hookers, and blow.
I'm intrigued. I have yet to mess with any of this stuff. You just set an entire world in front of me that I want to learn more about.

I wish I could say I had experience to some degree. I am looking for a job. Not just any job either. I am looking for the last job I will ever have. I'm not interested in job hopping. I want to work, and then retire.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
No, it's not the opposite- I agree with you. More knowledge than ever is accessible at your fingertip- yes. And you're spot on that there's a lack of initiative. I'm more-so targeting hand-holding apps and devices that instill laziness and allow lack of initiative. How about that freakin' self-inventory refrigerator that connects to Facebook... Who needs that? Who in the history of humanity has ever needed that?

Convenience and laziness walk a fine edge. I'm all for work smarter, not harder, but damn there's a limit haha.
Self inventorying fridge? How does that even work? It would be cool as shit if it could tell you something was expired.

But honestly being able to tell the inventory of your fridge (pantry also would be tits) at the grocery store would be amazing. I don’t know how many times I thought we had an ingredient only to find out my wife used it in something else. That’s harfly laziness.

Users who are viewing this thread