We have GPS in your car so we know what your doing

B-O-B'03

Established Member
No GPS in the Cobra, which I will keep until I die.

The '99 GT does not have on either... just the wife's '13 F150... they can keep track of her, if they care to.

-Brian

oldmodman

Established Member
It makes me want to keep my current car..

Since I have an 03 Cobra (bought new) and I KNOW that it does not have any tracking or crash memory computer in it I will never sell it.

Plus it may be the last car with no auto-drive crap in a few years.

DD or beaters can have all that crap in them for all I care. My beater Toyota can barely keep up with traffic as it is so no speeding tickets sent to me in the mail when I am driving that turd.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
There are way bigger problems in our world/country than traffic violations.

If this goes beyond them collecting data to build a better car for the consumer, then I'll be both surprised and disgusted. Of course, maybe I shouldn't be that surprised..

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Rental cars already "tattle" on drivers so that the rental car companies can charge them more $$$. I'm just waiting for the day when a car will tattle on you to the police and for speeding or other traffic violations.

Really wish I could believe the Ford exec but if the government wants info on us, they will get it one way or another.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I figured this was pretty widespread already.

Chrysler already has a similar feature where they upload all of your car's data to their corporate headquarters wirelessly as soon as you pull it into the bay. No more OBDII locks to protect you; if you take it to the dealer they WILL know what you've been doing.

Ah, progress...

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
It's ok since it's Ford doing this, now if this was GM/Chrysler I'd have issue.

Let's see how many heads this goes over

Last edited:

Tbonez3858

Established Member
Warranty claim - My air conditioner is broken

Ford - We see your GPS data and it indicates that you rapidly accelerate for 1/4 of a mile and then quickly decelerate. In addition we see this activity within 300 foot of a known drag strip. This failure was caused by racing and therefore you claim is denied regardless if its a manufacturers defect or not.

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i track 1000 of my subprime customers daily with GPS. i dont track what they are doing...but if the time comes i have to repo, i go right to the car. i shut it off first tho so they cant run.

jbs$

Established Member
I now see that Farley at Ford had backtracked on his earlier statement and is now claiming "it ain't so". Interesting.

Tbonez3858

Established Member
i track 1000 of my subprime customers daily with GPS. i dont track what they are doing...but if the time comes i have to repo, i go right to the car. i shut it off first tho so they cant run.

I have no issues with this because its part of the agreement and in the end its your companies car.

I have a major issue if I have a free and clear title and someone still tracks my movements, habits, etc

Tbonez3858

Established Member
I now see that Farley at Ford had backtracked on his earlier statement and is now claiming "it ain't so". Interesting.

He can backtrack all he wants. He gave way too many details and specifics on how and what Ford was tracking to attempt to hide the facts at this point.

Lets be real the NSA has already hacked Ford or Ford has given them permission to use the database. The NSAs satellite had a moto that was painted on it showing an octopus strangling the world with the statement "nothing is beyond our reach" printed on it. That pretty much says it all...

SkubaSteve

Established Member
find said GPS/Satellite radio transmitter/reciever and smash it with a hammer.Then do donuts in front of Fords corporate building. :)

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Keep electing the standard Demoshits and Repubtards. Vote them out or shut the **** up. All this whining about govt over reaching yet the same people continue to be voted into office. It happened under Bush and now Obama.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Why do people worry about a GPS in their car, when most of us have it right in our pocket?:nonono:

I read about a few "terrorist leaders" who found out the hard way why you do not want to use a smart phone if you do not want "others" to know where you are and what you are up to.

I am pretty sure the same applies to you when you carry and use a smart phone. If they wanted to, they could pinpoint your exact location and/or record your exact speeds and driving habits using your phone.:shrug:

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I can not and will not be tracked ever.

Sent from a highly classified remote area

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Keep electing the standard Demoshits and Repubtards. Vote them out or shut the **** up. All this whining about govt over reaching yet the same people continue to be voted into office. It happened under Bush and now Obama.

Republican, democrat, it just doesn't matter anymore. Their all just puppets of big money. Elect whom you like. The results will be the same.

aarons04cobra

Established Member
Please everyone dont take this out of Ford "Which I happen to sell for a living". Every car company does this now "supposedly to use the information to better there vehicle production in the future."

Users who are viewing this thread