We have GPS in your car so we know what your doing

Tbonez3858

Established Member
Ford executive-

We know everyone who breaks the law, we know when you're doing it. We have GPS in your car, so we know what you're doing,” Ford’s Jim Farley told a Vegas crowd on Wednesday

By the way, we don't supply that data to anyone," Farley assured attendees......where have we heard this before?

I'm sure the rest of them are doing it but this is no beuno. The idea that are car company is collecting personal data from my personal property that they have no right to really bothers me...How long until the government forces Ford to give the insurance companies access?

http://rt.com/usa/ford-vp-auto-surveillance-382/

Last edited:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
The car belongs to you but the information in the car belongs to Ford. This was determined in a previous court ruling.

Tbonez3858

Established Member
The car belongs to you but the information in the car belongs to Ford. This was determined in a previous court ruling.

I find that mind blowing and I completely disagree with the ruling. If I'm not making a warranty claim how is the data in the car I own belong to the manufacturer? It's not THEIR car...

Tbonez3858

Established Member
My 2000 Honda Civic is safe! Whew!

It makes me want to keep my current car..It's not like I'm street racing or planning on it, it's just intrusive. I'm not sure I will buy a product that enables a company to track and or spy on me.

Kiohtee

Established Member
It makes me want to keep my current car..It's not like I'm street racing or planning on it, it's just intrusive. I'm not sure I will buy a product that enables a company to track and or spy on me.

I just don't desire to have a new car. :shrug:

97ReoCobra

Established Member
The government won't have to force car companies to give up the goods on you. Insurance companies have H U G E pockets. It's just a matter of time before they make an offer car companies cannot resist.

It seems half the companies in this country are making money off of our personal information and habits. As long as no one stops them they will keep getting deeper and deeper up your ass. It's just not right....

Tbonez3858

Established Member
The government won't have to force car companies to give up the goods on you. Insurance companies have H U G E pockets. It's just a matter of time before they make an offer car companies cannot resist.

It seems half the companies in this country are making money off of our personal information and habits. As long as no one stops them they will keep getting deeper and deeper up your ass. It's just not right....

Agree 100%...I'm going to pick up a 1970s muscle car, modernize it and be done with it. Before you know it the insurance companies will require you to have an in car unit before they will insure you, however...count on it.

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
Before you know it the insurance companies will require you to have an in car unit before they will insure you, however...count on it.

This is why big car clubs have lobbyists to fight this stuff before a law gets past. They don't win all the time but they help

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Don't worry...the NSA has been tracking your ass for years. They've had the ability to read your license plate from orbit for years...now they know where to look. Real buzz kill from a Ford exec...on the 50th anniversary of the Mustang. Happy Anniversary. Time to buy some jamming tech from our friends in China.

jbs$

Established Member
All BS aside, cars with Nav. systems need the puck. The question is; can the up-stream of car performance data be blocked or naturalized.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
what year did they start putting hidden GPS tracking devices into Ford Vehicles? none of my vehicles have GPS from the factory. GPS can be disabled but you still have to deal with the other device called the black box. can the black box be taken out of the car and the car still run or does the on board computer or OBD-II freeze up?

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
They may know where I am going, but they will never know what I am doing. I don't even let myself know what I'm doing, I take op-sec that seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread