We (a)need Van (H/E)

cbarile

Established Member
I just got back into an 03 cobra from a 2007 gt500 . I had a LFP dual pass heat exchanger on my gt500 not to mention pulley and some other boltons, puttin down like 550 rwp. My LFP heat exchanger sprung a leak and instead of fixing it i bought a CR/revan dual fan heat exchanger. My gt500 with the LFP h/e would pull alot of timing after minimal driving in the Florida heat, which causes loss of horsepower and in the FL. Heat it lost alot. I put one of Vans dual fan h/e in my car and after a lot of spirited driving the car stayed crisp and lost no noticeable power, the difference was amazing. Back to my 03 cobra with posi race port with welded dragon throttle body, 2.80 upper, 6 pound lower, dual pass h/e. This car is an animal til I get on it a little bit and it looses a lot of horsepower but cruise down the highway and she cools down only to gain that power back. Sorry for the rant but what do you guys in the high heat areas do to keep your cars cool. I saw a thread about Van possibly designing a h/e for us, I sure hope he follows does. I also was running amsoils version of water wetter in my h/e. Please tell me your setups and I know running a 6pound lower with 2.80 will generate insane heat. Thanks

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
03/04 Cobras are pretty much old news. I doubt a company is going to put much more research into these cars as everything is moving on. The new GT500, Turbo Vette, 5.0, Eco boost 6's, ect is where I would say company's are looking to make parts for.

You best best is to buy a killer chiller and roll with that.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I was thinking the exact same thing but it doesn't seem like Van's heat exchanger development hasn't progressed. AFCO supplied Jared at Lethal with a couple prototypes with 2 and 3 fans for testing but I haven't heard any news on them in a while.

cobracide

Established Member

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread