waxes - 5 star shine

LandShark

Established Member
has anyone here tried this stuff? 5starshine.com

It looks interesting and I do get tired of waxing every 3-4 months. I searched the site and found no references. Found this site following a link from MM&FF website.

Just wonderin.....

LS

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
3-4 months? You're better than me, I wax every other weekend...

Juiced-03

Established Member
I just got a nice detail package for X-mas and cant wait to try it out! Claybar wash, Meguiars #9 swirl remover, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, then topped with S100 carnauba. And of course removed with micro fiber towels :). I am new to Klasse but have heard many great things about it from my fellow detailers.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Never heard of it.
I use Rain Dance. Slap it on, wipe it off, and it looks great for months. If it takes more than one step, it ain't happenin'.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by caveman6666
Never heard of it.
I use Rain Dance. Slap it on, wipe it off, and it looks great for months. If it takes more than one step, it ain't happenin'.

haha you lazy ass :p

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by caveman6666
Never heard of it.
Same here except I use Klasse AIO.

missile man

Established Member
I'm with you caveman. I work my butt off during the week and sure as heel don't want to spend my weekends waxin my car. I have a family too. One Step every six months works for me.

rmoreau

Established Member
Ive used 5 star, but not on my cobra. its ok stuff. the key to any job is the prep work. wash, claybar, rotary polish, then do the 5star instructions.

Randy

sweet10th

Established Member
"Liquid Glass" is all i use.
That stuff is awesome.....you have to leave the car in the sun once applpied to cure for best results.
The more you put on the more it protects.
My black paint looks like its 4 inches deep , very easy to use too.

bbeers

Liquid Glass is absolutely the best product. I put 1 coat on every weekend. I've had my 03 for 6 months and have at least 24 coats on. Looks great and protects even better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Cobra-Master
Zaino Brothers is the best IMO! www.zainobros.com
You're so right, my man! My Cobra knows nothing but Zaino and the paint is better than it was new, and I've had the car for one year now. I personally wouldn't use anything else, but of course there are other great polishes/waxes on the market. I don't think any one brand can claim they are the best.

Juiced-03

Established Member
P21S is great stuff. I use S100 which is the same thing but cheaper.

Cobra'03

Established Member
I read the patent - I also know Liquid Glass' formulation.

The last time I contacted DuPont, they were still sitting on the fence about whether PTFE resins were indeed useful as a coating - they will of course sell them to companies (Clorox has a bathroom cleaner that is supposed to "repel dirt" that uses them), but I did not find it effective.

But one thing is certain - both LG and 5Star contain tons of dimethylpolysiloxane or some derivative - these are the same silicone materials that are in nearly every other miracle product on the market. They are effective, although they tend to make black cars look silvery in a way. They also make re-painting problematic. It is also tricky to prevent them from streaking, but it can be done.

So I have to believe that the PTFE is a gimmick used in a perfectly acceptable silicone wax, until I see something from DuPont. If you like it, use it.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Everyone has a different flavor with the same GREAT results... I love the car wax isle, every bottle says "Rated #1"... I think they all work. MgGuires 3 step for me...

FoMoCoDave

Established Member
I put a coat of Zaino on the top, hood, and upper body panels every time I wash the Snake. I wash at least once a week.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I hate to say it, but I've been running my car through my buddy's brushless car wash a couple times a week due to the rain and wet roads we've had recently. I doubt there is much wax left after the stronger soaps the car washes use. I have to pick a day and wash, dry, polish, wax. Fun, fun, fun. Relieves stress and makes me love my car even more. Don't you guys love going out to your garage and seeing your freshly waxed Cobras?

Users who are viewing this thread