Watts link worth it?

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
SO, I have decided to just go ahead and band out everything at once for the supsension. The car is more for street driving than track, but I am kinda big on doing it right the first time. I just curious if a watts link is really worth the extra dough over a PHB and brace/

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I would say for the track its worth it...for the street its not, however I've yet to read about someone running it on the street not being happy with it. Its a lot of coin, and for me, I decided to pass at least for now.

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Right now it is the difference between me getting longtubes or the watts link. I am getting ready to lower the car, so either way im either gonna need a PBR and brace or a watts. Like I said watts just keeps me from getting longtubes

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Right now it is the difference between me getting longtubes or the watts link. I am getting ready to lower the car, so either way im either gonna need a PBR and brace or a watts. Like I said watts just keeps me from getting longtubes

I'd go longtubes PHB and brace...See how you like that set-up...If you need more, save up for the watts and sell the PHB and brace.

NickSezz

Established Member

Do you have to pass any kind of emissions test in AZ?

BOA MUSCLE

Established Member
I have a watts link on my daily driver and I have no problems with it. The car is more planted on straights and in the corners. I think its definitely worth the investment. If you do your full suspension at once, I think it would be a sin not to add the watts link.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we installed the watts link on the boss and the car drove great on it.

whichever way you decide to go, we can set you up with the watts link, or the LT's

BMR Tech

It really just depends on what you want. I have driven many cars with a Watts-Link, and many with a Panhard.

People are right, the Watts-Link is a nice set-up, and someone who has not driven one probably would not be the best to take advice from. That being said, the difference is not "that" big.... A "big" difference would be riding in a car with a SRA, then swapping to an IRS. It truly takes an experienced driver to notice and utilize the difference a Watts-Link makes.

If competitive handling is in the car's future, I say it is a no brainer, depending on class rules. If the car is a street-car that is intended to put a smile on your face, I think adding HP and TQ would make for a little more fun, but that is just my opinion.

I am seeing Watts-Links getting recommended to everyone lately, but in all honesty....a good set of Springs and Adjustable Dampers will be your best choice, in terms of modifying your suspension, if you compare the dollar spent.

If you have any suspension-related questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread